It’s been awhile since I shared a new donut recipe, hasn’t it? Like, a whole month.
This time of year is also known as donut season around my house. I mean, it’s not like I stop eating donuts during the summer, but when it’s chilly outside, I just really need donuts more. You know?
My in-laws actually just stopped by our local orchard the other day and picked up a bunch of their famous apple cider donuts and then dropped off a dozen to me last night. I clearly have the best in-laws ever!
Anyway, these banana bread donuts have all the things you love about banana bread in a freshly baked donut. You’ll definitely be asking for seconds!
As you can see, I left them mostly naked. They’re sweet enough from the banana and sugar in the donut, but I did add a little drizzle of powdered sugar glaze, just to up the fun factor. I mean, it’s not a donut if it’s not glazed or coated in something sugary, right?!
I’m pretty obsessed with baking donuts and I use my donut pan so much more often than I ever though I would. I use the Wilton donut pan and really like it – plus it’s super cheap. Buy it here!
My kids love baked donuts for breakfast, and I love that they’re healthier than the fried version you find at the store. They’re also super easy to whip up. You can have these donuts on the table in less than 25 minutes.
Banana Bread Donuts
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the bananas, sugar, egg, vanilla, and melted butter until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan and bake for 13 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- While the donuts are cooling, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled donuts.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Review