Lemon garlic pasta is very easy to make and easy to modify as you see fit.
Remember Wednesday? When I made those brown butter cookies? I threatened to assault you with more brown butter recipes. This is me, following through with my threat.
And, for the love of Bieber, is it brown butter or browned butter? I’m going to continue calling it brown butter until I hear otherwise.
My days are filled with two small-ish children who would be happy to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day of their lives. I like to experiment a bit more than that, and this pasta recipe is one of my recent creations. The kids both said it was “okay” but they’d rather just have their PB&J, thankyouverymuch.
That’s when I smacked them. Naughty little brats.
Okay, no I didn’t. I kinda like those two little whiners.
Lemon garlic pasta works well with fish or chicken added to it too!
This pasta makes a quick and simple lunch that’s super easy to prepare for as many people as you’re looking to feed. The recipe below feeds 2 hungry adults, but feel free to adjust as needed.
Want to keep browsing pasta recipes? Check these out!
Brown Butter Lemon Garlic Pasta
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic depending on size and your love of garlic
- Juice from 1 or 2 lemons depending on your preference
- 2 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and add the pasta. Cook according to package directions, drain.
- Chop or smash the garlic.
- While the pasta is boiling, add butter to a small skillet over medium heat. Stir the butter over medium heat until it begins to brown. Add the garlic to the skillet and continue stirring for one minute or until the garlic is fragrant and the butter is a dark brown color.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Toss the pasta with the garlic butter mixture, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Top with more Parmesan, if desired.