This pizza pasta bake is loaded with all of your favorite pizza toppings for a quick dinner that your whole family will gobble up. Big thanks to Ragú for sponsoring this post!
My husband has finally put his foot down, you guys.
No more pizza. None. Not a bite of it. He’s had enough and he will fight you to the death if you try to serve him one more slice.
You see, we recently moved to a teensy little town and the only place that delivers is a pizza chain. Ugh. I really miss my delivery options. Sometimes mama doesn’t want to cook, you know?
Not to worry, though. This recipe is just as easy as pizza delivery, but somehow it actually tastes even better than traditional pizza. All those delicious noodles coated in sauce and covered in cheese and topped with your favorite pizza toppings? You can’t go wrong with that and your husband can’t shout at you about it, either. Winning!
Pizza Pasta Bake is such a fun twist on pizza night!
I used Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce for my sauce, because each jar is packed with 11 juicy tomatoes making it their richest, thickest recipe yet. Gotta get those veggies in my kids, even on pizza pasta night!
I put a spin on this Upside Down Deep Dish Pizza to come up with the pizza pasta recipe.
This pasta really does have all the flavor of a pizza and I don’t think any pizza lover would argue that.
You’ll all be happy to know that not only did my kids down this pizza pasta in about 2 minutes flat, my husband did not issue one complaint. Apparently he was just tired of eating food with his hands and wanted something that required a fork? Who knows.
Visit Ragú on facebook for more family friendly dinner ideas! Also, go enter for a chance to win Authentic Italian themed prizes, including a grand prize trip to Italy for a family of four!
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 pound campanelle pasta any small shape will work
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices
- 2 ounces sliced black olives
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is boiling, cook the sausage over medium heat until just lightly pink.
- Dice the green pepper and onion and add to the sausage. Continue cooking until the meat is cooked through.
- Cut the pepperoni slices into bite sized pieces.
- Add the pepperoni, olives, cream cheese, and pasta sauce to the pan with the sausage and heat over low heat until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- When pasta is done, drain and return to the pan. Stir the sausage mixture into the pasta and stir to coat the pasta.
- Add half of the pasta mixture to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Spread the remaining pasta over the cheese and top with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle with the Italian seasoning and place a few pepperoni slices on top, if you’d like.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pasta is heated through.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, including odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ragú®. The opinions and text are all mine.