These pan fried garlic butter noodles are cooked in butter, garlic, and bread crumbs for those serious comfort food cravings.
My go to comfort food recipe always includes buttered noodles.
I mean, that is just comfort in a bowl right there and if you ask me, it can’t be beat.
Anyway, I was feeling like we needed some pan fried noodles. I know. Sounds weird. Fried noodles.
My husband made a face when I told him what was going down. Not a good face, either.
But, ya’ll. That man hoovered these noodles up like nobody’s business.
- 24 oz. pack of frozen egg noodles
- Chicken broth
- Italian bread crumbs – regular bread crumbs are also fine, just season with a bit of Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves of Garlic – more or less, we measure garlic with our heart around here.
- Parsley – Fresh is best, but dried works in a pinch.
- Black Pepper
How to make garlic butter noodles:
Boil chicken broth and water in a large pan. The broth is going to soak right into the noodles and add a bit of flavor right from the start.
Add the egg noodles and cook for 17 minutes. Drain the noodles.
Melt a stick of butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add bread crumbs and garlic to the skillet and cook for one minute. Do not overcook the garlic!
Add the noodles to the skillet and turn to coat. Proceed with cooking this for 5 more minutes over medium heat.
Serve topped with black pepper and parsley before serving.
Make It a Meal!
We love serving our garlic butter noodles with these air fryer pork chops.
They also go great with ranch cheddar chicken, Instant Pot whole chicken, and air fryer drumsticks.
More pasta recipes you will love:
Fried Garlic Butter Noodles
- 24 ounces frozen egg noodles
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 2 quarts water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the chicken broth and water to a large pan and bring to a boil. Add the egg noodles and cook for 17 minutes. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the bread crumbs and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the drained egg noodles to the skillet and stir to coat. Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and parsley just before serving.
This post was originally published in February 2018. It was updated in February 2021.