This TACO MAC AND CHEESE is made in the crockpot so that it’s an extra easy, extra flavorful dinner that the whole family loves! Loaded with pasta, cheese, and seasoned ground beef…we can’t get enough!
Okay, I think I’ve made it pretty darn clear that I love anything that’s got Mexican flavors going on.
I could eat tacos daily. Burritos are my life. Chips and salsa are basically flowing through my veins at this point.
When I discovered the perfection of crockpot mac and cheese, one of the first things I said was, “I’m going to taco-fy this.”
And I did. And it was glorious.
This Mexican Mac and Cheese starts with macaroni (duh), gets cheesed up with a mix of cheddar + cheese soup, and then gets mixed up with some seasoned ground beef and Ro*Tel…so good and so easy! Let’s do this…
How to make Mexican Mac and Cheese:
First, you’ll want to boil your macaroni for 6 minutes. We want it just a bit undercooked so it doesn’t turn to mush in the crockpot.
While the macaroni is cooking, cook your ground beef and season it up with some taco seasoning.
Add the macaroni and beef to the crockpot.
Melt together some butter and cheddar in the microwave and pour that into the crockpot along with the Ro*Tel, cream cheese, cheese soup, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper.
Give it a good stir and then cover and cook on low for about 3 hours.
I love this on nights when I know we’ll be busy. I can prep in the afternoon and then dinner is ready in the midst of our craziness.
Plus, did I mention how cheesy and amazing this is?
More Mexican inspired recipes:
Bean Dip: No joke, this is the BEST bean dip recipe!
Chimichanga: My version is baked instead of fried so it’s extra easy!
Keto Taco Soup: Made in the Instant Pot or slow cooker!
Instant Pot Chicken Tacos: So much flavor!!
Mexican Chicken Casserole: Love all of the goodness going on in this casserole.
Taco Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ cups grated cheddar
- 10 ounces RoTel drained
- 2 ounces cream cheese diced
- 10.5 ounces condensed cheddar soup
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the macaroni for 6 minutes. Drain and add to a 6 quart slow cooker.
- While the macaroni is cooking, brown the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Add the taco seasoning and stir to coat the cooked meat.
- Add the grated cheddar and butter to a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted. Pour the cheese mixture over the macaroni.
- Add the taco meat, RoTel, cream cheese, cheddar soup, sour cream, milk, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker and stir well to coat the noodles.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- Stir well before serving.
Tips & Notes: