I’m usually not much of a casserole type of girl, but lately we’ve been eating a bunch of them.
I think it’s the cold weather. It makes me do crazy things.
Yesterday I even cleaned my pantry a little bit, which is proof that I go a little crazy when I’m chilly.
Speaking of chilly, I bought my dog a jacket. With a hat.
This goes both in the chilly and crazy category according to my super un-stylish husband. He just doesn’t get it.
A dog should both look good and be warm while she does her morning business.
And, uh, speaking of CHILI, that’s pretty much what Frito Pie is made out of. Warm, delicious chili. I leave the beans out, because my family believes beans are from the devil.
Easy Peezy Frito Pie Dinner
Chili on a bed of Fritos, topped with sour cream, cheddar, and more Fritos.
That right there is what I call dinner. It’s warm and comforting, it’s salty and delicious, and anytime I can make a meal out of a bag of chips I’m a happy girl.
Have you seen my Doritos casserole? It’s dinner out of a bag of Doritos! And it’s amazing.
I know everyone has their own version of Frito Pie, but this is mine. And, FYI, it’s the best.
Happy Frito Pie Day, y’all. (It’s a new holiday. I just made it up. Go with it.)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Frito chips 3 or 4 handfuls
- Brown the ground beef in a deep skillet until cooked through. Drain the fat.
- Add the chili seasoning and tomato sauce to the ground beef and stir to mix well. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with Frito chips.
- Pour the chili on top of the chips.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread the sour cream over the top of the chili.
- Top with the remaining chips (enough to cover the chili) and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.