This TACO TATER TOT CASSEROLE RECIPE starts off with seasoned beef and a mixture of pinto beans, Mexican corn, chiles, and cheese. It all gets topped off with tater tots and then baked until the casserole is hot and melty and the tots are crispy.
Today is a good day for those of us who enjoy a nice casserole.
I’m bring y’all a Mexican tater tot casserole recipe that I just know is going to rock your socks off. It. is. good.
If you like tacos or Mexican food or tater tots or casseroles or any combination of those things, prepare for a super tasty dinner!
Bonus: Kids usually love all of these things, so it’s sure to be a kid favorite!
How to Make:
Brown up some ground beef and onion in a skillet and then stir in some taco seasoning.
Add the beef to a mixing bowl along with some pinto beans, Mexi-corn, diced green chiles, cream of chicken soup, and taco sauce. Stir to combine and spread into a 9×13 baking dish.
You could also use my pressure cooker pinto beans in this recipe!
Sprinkle cheddar over the casserole and then top with tater tots. Bake for about 45 minutes to get the tots nice and crispy.
- Ground chicken or turkey work well in place of the beef.
- Swap black beans for the pinto beans.
- Use my cream of chicken soup substitute instead of the canned stuff.
Heat up leftovers and spoon into a large tortilla shell, fold like a burrito, and enjoy!
Make It a Meal!
Pair this with…
Taco Tater Tot Casserole
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the ground beef and onion to a large skillet and cook, breaking the meat up as it cooks, until the beef is cooked through. Drain the fat, and stir in the taco seasoning to coat. Add the beef mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the beans, corn, green chiles, cream of chicken soup, and taco sauce to the bowl and stir well to combine.
- Spread the beef mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the cheddar.
- Arrange the tater tots in an even layer over the cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the tater tots are golden brown and crispy.