You’re not going to believe what I did. Or maybe you’ve already done it yourself, so it’s not that big of a deal to you. To me? Life changing.
I made sweet, caramel-y dulce de leche in my slow cooker. And I did it while I was asleep, with no worries of cans exploding. This is pretty much the most genius thing ever.
And, um, it’s only one ingredient.
Promise me that you’ll make this. I’m guessing that you already have sweetened condensed milk in the house and hoping you already have a few canning jars laying around. If not, head to the store and stock up, because I have a super fantastic recipe coming up later this week using 1 and 1/2 jars of dulce de leche and a cake mix. It’s pretty much out of this world ridiculously good.
Oh, and feel free to double this recipe (or halve it, but then you’ll end up with just 1 1/2 jars of dulce de leche instead of 3). The dulce de leche should last between 3 and 4 weeks in the fridge, but my guess is that you’ll eat it all before you get to that point, anyway.
Crockpot Dulce De Leche
- 28 ounces sweetened condensed milk 2 cans
- 3 1/2 pint canning jars
- Empty the two cans of condensed milk into the canning jars and securely tighten the lids.
- Place in an empty slow cooker and cover with water. The water should rise at least 1 inch above the jars.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and turn to low heat for 10 hours (the longer you cook it, the darker it will get, so cook it to your preference).
- Remove from the water and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator for 3-4 weeks.
Leave a Review