BAKED APPLE OATMEAL makes the perfect breakfast, especially on a chilly morning! This baked oatmeal recipe is baked with applesauce and fresh chopped apples to add in loads of flavor.
My brother used to eat instant oatmeal for breakfast almost every morning.
And you know what? I never even TASTED oatmeal until I was an adult.
It just looked like a bowl of mush. I was not interested in the least.
I finally got a little braver and gave it a try and oh man. The instant stuff is fine, but the real homemade stuff? Heaven.
This apple cinnamon oatmeal is a serious favorite for chilly mornings. It has all the flavors of an apple pie baked right into the oatmeal.
Hearty, filling, and super cozy. You can’t go wrong with this breakfast!
How to Make Apple Pie Oatmeal:
Stir together the ingredients: rolled oats, eggs, milk, brown sugar, applesauce, cinnamon, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and nutmeg.
Fold in chopped apples. Any variety you like works well here!
Pour the oats into a baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
Scoop out the oatmeal onto a plate or into a bowl, top with a pat of butter, and a drizzle of real maple syrup.
This is one of those breakfast recipes that sticks with you. So cozy on a Fall morning – especially if you use apples that you picked from your local orchard!
Honestly, we have even been known to eat this for dessert…it’s absolute heaven with a scoop of ice cream on top. Totally satisfies that apple pie craving and it’s a bit healthier! 😉
- Swap the cinnamon and nutmeg for 1 tablespoon of apple pie spice.
- Use any variety of applesauce you have on hand. If it’s sweetened, reduce the brown sugar to 1/4 cup.
- We prefer honeycrisp apples, but any variety will work.
This baked apple oatmeal reheats beautifully in the microwave for breakfast the next day! It even makes a great dessert – warm it up and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce!
More BREAKFAST recipes!
- Chocolate Glazed Donut
- Baked Scrambled Eggs
- Belgian Waffle Recipe
- Chocolate Chip Scones
- Sausage Gravy
- Homemade Biscuits
Baked Apple Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium apples peeled and chopped, any variety
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the apples to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Fold in the apples.
- Spread mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with a pat of butter and drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
Leave a Review