This ALABAMA WHITE SAUCE is a family favorite! It’s a simple creamy sauce that is perfect over grilled chicken, ribs, or pulled pork. It starts with mayo, instead of tomato sauce, so it’s extra creamy and so flavorful!
Alabama has always been a favorite vacation destination for us. The beaches are beautiful, it’s easy enough to get there, and we have a million and one favorite restaurants near the coast.
One of those restaurants served up barbecue with a twist – instead of your traditional tomato based barbecue sauce, they served a white BBQ sauce, and y’all, I was instantly hooked.
This Alabama White BBQ Sauce recipe is creamy, tangy, and just a bit sweet. It’s really perfect, you guys.
How to Make:
Add mayo, buttermilk, vinegar, mustard, garlic salt, pepper, and sugar to a mason jar.
Shake, shake, shake until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Alternately, stir together with a fork.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. The longer the sauce sits, the more the flavors develop.
Make It a Meal!
Pair this with…
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Amish Macaroni Salad
- Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Keto Coleslaw
Alabama White Sauce
For the white sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- To prepare the white sauce, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl or mason jar. Stir to combine and taste. Add additional vinegar, salt, or sugar depending on your preferences.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Store tightly covered in the fridge for up to 1 week.