Remember how I’m super in love with quick lunches like pizza bread?
Well, I just upped the game, you guys. You know that fabulous Barbecue Chicken Pizza that you can get from the local pizza shop? It’s full of chicken, barbecue sauce, bacon, and onions? Yeah. I love it, too.
Of course, the first time I had it was a complete accident. My husband and I were on our “honeymoon” (a local hotel…we had a new baby and not a whole lotta money) and ordered a late night pizza, because we had been up very late doing very important married things like calling each other Mr. and Mrs. while giggling. (Minds out of the gutter, people.) The delivery driver brought us a barbecue chicken pizza by mistake and we were totally weirded out. He came back with our standard pepperoni pizza, but we both fell in love with the barbecue chicken pizza while we were waiting for our correct order to arrive.
My daughter hates barbecue sauce, so she thought this was a horrible idea. Then again, she puts Tostitos chips inside her peanut butter and jelly, so what does she know?
The rest of the family? We gobbled this bread right down. It was perfect for a quick lunch, especially if you serve it with a simple salad.
Barbecue Chicken Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the loaf of bread in half, lengthwise. Spread 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce over each piece of the bread.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat together the chicken and remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce until warmed through and the chicken is thoroughly coated in sauce.
- Spread the barbecue chicken evenly over the bread. Top with the bacon, onion, and cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Cut each slice of bread into fourths. Serve hot, with extra barbecue sauce if desired.