Crescent roll pizza topped off with all of our favorite taco flavors! This is the perfect football food and you can top it off with whatever you like!
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – when it comes to football, I’m only here for the food.
I could care less about the men on the tv running around in circles, but I am highly interested in what kind of dip you might have setting out for me try.
Not interested in the score, but super into testing out those grape jelly meatballs in your crockpot.
Please don’t even tell me what teams are playing, just give me the recipe for that Mexican cheese dip!
I think you get the picture.
It’s so easy since it starts with crescent roll dough and it’s easy to customize with whatever toppings you like.
How to make crescent roll pizza:
You can start one of two ways with this recipe.
Either buy a couple tubes of the crescent dough sheets and roll them out into a half sheet pan or buy a couple tubes of the regular crescent dough.
If you buy the regular crescent dough, you’ll just have to pinch the seams together. Easy peasy and either option works.
The dough sheets can be harder to find and often seem to be sold out, but that’s what I grab when I see them. Otherwise, I just pinch the regular crescent dough together and call it good.
You’ll bake up the crescent dough until it’s just ever so lightly golden brown and then let it cool completely.
To make this into a taco pizza, we’re going to combine some cream cheese and sour cream with a little taco seasoning and spread that creamy goodness over the top of the crescent roll crust.
Once that’s done, you’ll just start layering on your taco toppings.
I whipped up a standard taco meat (ground beef + a packet of taco seasoning) and added in some diced greeand then topped things off with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheddar, black olives, and some cilantro. You can add whatever you like!
Such an easy snack and everyone loves it!
More Mexican inspired recipes:
Mexican Chicken Casserole: Chicken, cheese, and loads of corn enchiladas!
Mexican Pizza: Skip the drive through and make this Mexican pizza at home!
Crockpot Chicken Tacos: You’ll never guess my secret ingredient!
Taco Casserole: I’m obsessed with this one and readers are too!
Mexican Cornbread Casserole: Stuffed with taco meat and cheese!
- 2 rolls crescent dough sheets
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 packets taco seasoning divided
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Unroll the crescent dough sheets and place on a rimmed half sheet pan, pinching the seams together to form one large sheet of dough.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the counter.
- While the crust is cooling, add the ground beef to a medium skillet over medium heat and cook until browned. Drain the fat and add in one packet of taco seasoning and 1/4 cup of water. Cook for 5 more minutes, stirring often. Set aside.
- When the crust has cooled, add the cream cheese, sour cream, and one packet of taco seasoning to a small mixing bowl. Beat together until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust and top with the taco meat.
- Top the pizza with the cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, and cilantro before cutting into 16 small piece and serving.