Nutella Brownies are full of Nutella, cocoa, and milk chocolate for a super fudgy treat! Replace the box mix with this easy brownie recipe!
These Nutella Brownies almost didn’t happen. But aren’t you glad they did?
They were a last minute, oh hey, chocolate sounds kinda good, let’s do our homemade brownie recipe.
Then, as I was grabbing the flour from my cabinet, I bumped into the jar of Nutella and, well, I just went with it. Divine intervention, y’all. It’s a thing.
These turn out extra thick and fudgy, super rich, and absolutely loaded with chocolate.
👩🍳 Nutella Brownie Ingredient Notes:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Brownie Batter – This homemade brownie batter is prepared from cocoa powder, flour, eggs, butter, sugar, salt, baking powder and vanilla extract. Some readers have mentioned reducing the sugar. I haven’t tried it myself as I don’t find them too sweet or dark tasting. If reducing sugar you could probably drop down to 1 3/4 of a cup, but the texture may not come out the same.
Nutella – The predominant flavor here is chocolate, not Nutella/hazelnut. It mostly adds chocolate fudginess to the brownies.
Espresso Powder – This is an optional ingredient but I promise it won’t make your brownies taste like coffee! Instead it’ll add another layer of rich, deep chocolate fudginess to the brownies.
Chocolate Chips – Also an optional ingredient! But I think they add a lot of texture to the brownies. If you like nuts in your brownies, you will probably enjoy the chocolate chips. If not, skip them!
What Readers are Saying!
“This recipe is so delicious! They were a huge hit with my family. The brownies came out fudge-y and in short, just perfect.” – Vanessa
How to Make Nutella Brownies:
Sugar Mixture: Melt the butter over low heat in a sauce pan and then stir in the sugar and Nutella. It’ll be a bit grainy, but should all come together.
Brownie Batter: Add the cocoa, eggs, baking powder, vanilla and my secret ingredient – the espresso powder – the sugar mixture. Stir that well.
Stir in the flour and the chocolate chips until just combined. This should make a thick, sticky brownie batter.
Bake: Pour the Nutella brownie batter into a prepared pan and spread it out evenly. You’ll want to bake it for about 30 to 35 minutes or until a tester comes out mostly clean. You want the edges to be set and the center to appear slightly moist, but not undercooked! Cool before serving.
When cutting brownies, use a plastic knife! The brownie won’t stick to the sides of it like it will with metal silverware and you’ll get nice smooth edges!
These brownies will last at room temperature for up to 4 days if tightly covered.
Sure, brownies are great for mixing other stuff like nuts or candy into. You could omit the chocolate chips to save more room for other mix ins or just stuff it all in there!
MORE BROWNIE RECIPES!
- M&M Brownies
- Perfect Homemade Brownies
- Mississippi Mud Brownies
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Star-Spangled Brownies
- Halloween Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder optional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 10 ounces chocolate chips optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9×13 baking dish.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt butter completely. Stir in sugar and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not allow sugar mixture to boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Nutella until well combined.
- Pour butter mixture into a large bowl or stand mixer, beat in cocoa powder, eggs, salt, baking powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Stir in the flour and chocolate chips until just combined.
- Spread into prepared pan (batter will be very thick and sticky) and bake for about 30-35 minutes, until a tester comes out mostly clean. The edges should be set and the center should still look slightly moist, but not uncooked.
- Cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving. Store tightly covered for 3-5 days.
Tips & Notes:
Leave a Review