This Nutella Banana Bread is the perfect way to use up those over ripe bananas! This moist banana bread is loaded with swirls of chocolate hazelnut, making for a delightful breakfast or afternoon snack!
I’m not sure what it is about banana bread, but literally nothing else makes me feel as domesticated as whipping up a loaf of tender, moist bread that’s bursting with sweet, ripe bananas.
It’s just such a Betty Crocker thing to do, you know?
Our classic banana bread has been a long time favorite with both my family and readers and our chocolate chip banana muffins are always a hit, so we figured it was time to put a little spin on things.
Enter this Nutella Banana Bread! Talk about a new favorite – swirls of chocolate hazelnut spread make this moist bread so fun!
This is just the thing to use up those over-ripe, browned bananas!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Bananas – The browner, the better! Use very ripe bananas for the best banana bread.
Nutella – I don’t think this ingredient needs much of an introduction. Nutella makes just about everything taste better. The chocolate hazelnut swirls take this banana bread recipe to the next level!
What Readers are Saying!
“I made this recipe yesterday and it is absolutely the best banana bread I have ever made. The cinnamon in the batter adds a nice flavor and of course the Nutella doesn’t hurt either. If you make this stuff your kids will probably forgive you anything…” – Debra
How to Make Nutella Banana Bread:
Dry Ingredients: Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
Wet Ingredients: Mix: Beat together the butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla in a second bowl. Stir in the mashed bananas.
Combine: Stir together the dry and wet ingredients until just combined. Don’t overmix!
A lot of people enjoy banana bread with nuts, so if that’s your thing now would be a good time to mix in some chopped walnuts or pecans!
Nutella: Microwave the Nutella for 20 seconds to soften it. Stir it into 1 cup of the banana bread batter to combine.
Alternate: Drop large spoonfuls of alternating batters into the prepared loaf pan.
Swirl: Take a butter knife and lightly swirl the two batters together in the pan.
Bake: Bake this in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before slicing and serving.
Freeze Your Bananas!
Have a bunch of brown bananas but not quite ready to bake with them yet? Just peel your bananas and place them in a freezer safe bag. They’ll stay good in the freezer for months. Use them in smoothies straight from the freezer or thaw them in the fridge and mash them up for banana bread!
Tips & Tricks:
Don’t overmix the batter! For a tender crumb, mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Overmixing the flour creates more gluten which creates a tougher finished product.
Use brown bananas! The riper and browner the better! This will add extra moisture, flavor, and sweetness to your bread.
Get creative when serving! Sure, butter is always a good option on a warm slice of this Nutella banana bread, but try spreading on a bit of peanut butter or extra Nutella. You can’t go wrong!
You can store this Nutella banana bread tightly covered on the counter for 3 to 4 days.
Yes! Before freezing, make sure the banana bread is completely cooled. Wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, and then seal in a freezer safe bag for up to 4 months.
Overly ripe, brown bananas are extra sweet and soft, perfect for making breads and muffins. The extra moisture makes for a moist crumb and the natural sweetness shines through.
MORE BANANA RECIPES!
- Banana Crumb Muffins
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- Blueberry Banana Bread
- Banana Coffee Cake
- Peanut Butter Banana Cake with Chocolate Frosting
Nutella Banana Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium over-ripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined. Mix in the bananas.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined.
- Add the Nutella to a medium bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to soften it. Stir 1 cup of the banana bread batter into the Nutella until well combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the batters, alternating between each one, into the prepared pan. Use a butter knife to swirl the batters together lightly.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.