Our Fried Green Tomatoes Sauce is perfect for dipping those crispy fried green tomatoes in, but it’s also tasty on fish, french fries, and more! Creamy with a little spice and loads of flavor – this dip is hard to resist!
I’m one of those people who orders foods from restaurants based on the sauce selections. If you have a unique or tasty sounding dipping sauce, I’m going to order something solely as a reason to try that sauce.
I take sauce very seriously, is what I’m trying to say.
And this sauce for fried green tomatoes is a good one. It’s a must make with our air fryer fried green tomatoes, but I love having it on hand for things like french fries (this sauce or fry sauce just makes french fries so much better!), oven fried chicken tenders, fried zucchini, and even to spread on a turkey burger!
It’s spicy, creamy, and so easy. Takes about 2 minutes to stir together and you can easily adjust the spices to suit your tastes. We love it!!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mayonnaise – Use your favorite. I like Kraft, but Duke’s is always popular.
Creole Mustard – Spicy brown mustard works well too!
Creole Seasoning – We love Tony Chachere’s. Slap Ya Mama Cajun seasoning works just fine too. Use on that has a bit of spice and is a bit salty.
Smoked Paprika – The smoked paprika will add the perfect amount of smoky flavor to this fried green tomato sauce!
Horseradish – We use the creamy kind, like horsey sauce from Arby’s. 😉
Other Seasoning – Some garlic powder, onion powder, and a bit of cayenne pepper to add a little extra spice. You can add more or less of the cayenne to your taste.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- It’s a super quick recipe to prepare. Everything goes in one bowl, and then just chills in the fridge for a bit.
- This fried green tomatoes sauce is very flavorful! The strong flavors from the horseradish, creole mustard, creole seasoning, and smoked paprika makes this a very tasty sauce!
- It’s a bit spicy as we’ve written it, but you can easily reduce or eliminate the cayenne to make a more mild sauce.
How to Make Sauce for Fried Green Tomatoes:
Combine: Stir together all of the ingredients in a bowl or jar until well combined.
Refrigerate: The flavors will meld together as they chill in the fridge. All it really needs is an hour.
Serve: This fried green tomato sauce is obviously pretty darn good with some fried green tomatoes, but that’s not all! It’s great as a dipping sauce for our onion strings too!
If you enjoy fried fish you’ll definitely love the flavor of this remoulade served with some easy air fryer catfish!
You’ve probably heard of a remoulade sauce before and that’s really all this fried green tomatoes sauce is! A remoulade sauce is a blend of mayonnaise and other seasonings to make a flavorful condiment. Our sauce for fried green tomatoes is a spicy remoulade sauce.
You can keep this fried green tomato sauce stored for at least a week in the refrigerator if it is well covered.
This dipping sauce does have a kick to it, thanks to the horseradish, Creole seasoning, Creole mustard, and cayenne. To make the sauce more mild, eliminate the cayenne and reduce the creole seasoning to taste.
More Sauces & Seasonings:
- Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Copycat Chick-Fil-A Sauce
- Homemade Honey Mustard
- Carolina BBQ Sauce
- BBQ Chicken Rub
Fried Green Tomatoes Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons creole mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning such as Tony Chachere’s
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne optional
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with fried green tomatoes or as a dip for french fries or fried fish.
Leave a Review