This BBQ DRY RUB RECIPE is one of my favorite spice blends to keep on hand! It’s perfect for seasoning chicken, pork, or even beef! You probably have all of these ingredients on hand, which means you’re just minutes away from the BEST dry rub yet!
Summer is here and that means we are outside, grilling all. the. things.
Chicken is actually my least favorite meat (weird, right?) but every summer the neighbors start grilling BBQ chicken and I’m suddenly ravenous for it myself.
This dry rub for chicken will quickly become a staple in your house! We keep mason jars of it in our spice cabinet at all times to make dinner extra easy!
How to Make:
Whisk together brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, black pepper, dried parsley, and chipotle powder.
If you don’t have chipotle powder, a little chili powder and a pinch of cayenne is a fine substitute.
Once your rub is all mixed together, coat your meat in the spice mix.
Rub it all in and make sure you cover every bit with that delicious flavor!
This chicken dry rub works perfect on pork and beef too!
How to store:
- Place the dry rub in a mason jar or bowl with an air tight lid.
- Store in your spice cabinet for 3-4 months.
Love barbecue?? Me too!
Try my Carolina BBQ sauce too!
Make It a Meal!
Pair your BBQ with…
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Greek Cucumber Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Pineapple Pretzel Salad
BBQ Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon chipotle powder optional
- Combine everything in a small bowl and stir well.
- Store tightly covered in a container.
- Apply liberally to pork, chicken, and beef before grilling.
Tips & Notes:
This post was originally published in June 2011. It was updated in May 2020 with new photos.