This savory hot crab artichoke dip is the perfect blend of tender crab meat, tangy artichokes, and melted cheese! This dip keeps friends coming back for seconds (and thirds)! Serve it with chips, crackers, and more!
We love hosting guests at our house for dinner parties, football games, summer cook outs, and more. Mostly because I’m a sucker for any occasion that gives me any excuse to make a good dip to munch on!
Our chili cheese dip is one of my favorite foods on the planet. It’s total trash food, but I could eat it every day!
Our spinach artichoke dip is another favorite! This time around we added a little twist and skipped the spinach, but added crab!
And when I say we added crab, I mean we added nearly a pound of crab meat to this dip! No skimping here – we want bits of tender crab in every bite.
If you love spinach artichoke dip and crab dip, you’re going to love this Crab Artichoke Dip mash up that we’ve created here!
Table of Contents
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crab Meat – While you can use fresh crab meat, we’re keeping it simple by using canned lump crab meat.
Artichoke Hearts – I’d recommend using canned, chopped artichoke hearts. While you could start with fresh, canned is just so much easier.
Base – Cream cheese makes up the base of this creamy dip, along with a little sour cream and mayonnaise.
Cheese – All good dips require cheese. We’re using both shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for the ultimate cheesy melty gooey vibe and the best flavor.
Garlic – Some fresh minced garlic is a great way to add more flavor to the dip!
Worcestershire Sauce – This ingredient adds so much savory flavor!
Green Onion & Parsley – Some freshly chopped parsley and sliced green onions are an easy addition to this dip that’ll add more flavor.
Salt & Pepper – You’ll mix in a bit of kosher salt and black pepper. You can add more or less of this to taste.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- This dip has lots of good flavor! The sweet crab meat pairs well with the tangy artichoke hearts and the smooth, creamy cheese.
- This is a great dip for parties or gatherings! It goes quick and is always popular.
- Set this dip out with an array of dippers (think crostini, crackers, and chips) and watch people coming back for seconds and thirds!
How To Make Artichoke Dip with Crab:
Mix: To get started you’ll add the softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl along with the sour cream and mayonnaise. Start mixing those ingredients together until they are smooth.
Combine: You can now add the artichoke hearts (drained and chopped) to the mixing bowl along with the lump crab meat, mozzarella, Parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, green onions, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Stir: Stir everything together. The more you stir, the more you’ll break up the crab meat. If you’d like larger chunks, stir everything together BEFORE you add the crab meat and then add it towards the end and give it a quick stir. We like lots of small bits of crab meat throughout, so we stir it in right away.
Bake: Spread the mixture into an 8×8 baking dish and then sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the top. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melty and bubbly.
You can also place the dip under a broiler for a couple of minutes to get the cheese golden brown on top. Just make sure it doesn’t burn!
Serve: You’ll want to let the hot crab and artichoke dip cool for about 10 minutes before serving it with something to dip like chips or crackers. See below for more serving suggestions!
What To Serve With Hot Crab Artichoke Dip:
If you’re wondering what to serve with this dip recipe I’ve got some tasty suggestions below, all perfect for dipping!
- Bagel Chips
- Pita Chips
- Tortilla Chips
- Potato Chips
- Raw Veggies (Celery, carrots, peppers)
- Pork Rinds
- Sliced baguette
You can keep any leftovers stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days. You can also freeze this dip for up to 3 months.
You can make the crab artichoke dip ahead of time and refrigerate overnight covered with foil or plastic wrap. Remove from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature and uncover before baking. (If the dip is too cold when baking in the oven it will increase the cooking time.)
We prefer canned artichoke hearts in dips, but you can use frozen if you thaw them first.
If you aren’t a fan of the mayo or just don’t have any, you can use a full cup of sour cream and leave the mayonnaise out entirely.
Mix It Up!
This recipe is easy to adjust to suit your tastes!
Add red pepper flakes to add a little heat.
Stir in a cup of frozen and thawed spinach to turn this into spinach artichoke dip with crab!
Skip the green onions and add caramelized onions instead.
MORE SAVORY DIP RECIPES!
- Pimento Cheese Spread
- Caramelized Onion Dip
- Olive Cheese Dip
- Dill Veggie Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Tzatziki Dip
- Dill Pickle Dip
- BLT Dip
Crab Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 14 ounces canned artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- 12 ounces lump crab meat shells removed
- 1 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley divided
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together the softened cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped artichoke hearts, lump crab meat, 1 cup mozzarella, green onions, parmesan cheese, garlic, 1 tablespoon parsley, worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Taste and add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted through and bubbly. (Optional* put the dip under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to bring out a light golden brown color in the cheese).
- Allow the dip to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or your favorite sliced bread.