SCALLOPED CORN is a family favorite that we serve up at every holiday dinner. It’s kid-friendly and one of the easiest dishes to make…just toss everything in a bowl, stir, and bake!
Starting around the age of 5 my daughter took over making the scalloped corn for every holiday dinner. I think it was because she wanted to be sure that it didn’t get left off the menu. 😉
It’s a staple in our family…the sweet crunch of the corn paired with the soft cornbread goodness…it’s just a really special dish and we all love it!
And, did I mention that it’s easy enough for a 5 year old to make? Sure…she needed help opening the cans and putting the dish in the oven, but really you just dump everything together and stir it up. It’s the perfect recipe for little helpers!
This dish is quick to put together and you can bake it up in your oven while you’re cooking the rest of your dinner.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Canned Corn
- Cream Style Corn
- Sour Cream
- Jiffy Mix
As you can see, this really is simple!
I know that canned cream corn has a bad rap…I get it. But, in this dish it’s really perfect! Don’t skip this one!
Lately, I’ve been swapping out the salt + cayenne pepper for a teaspoon of Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning. We put Tony’s on literally everything (it is the best!)) and it works perfect in this dish.
- Stir everything together.
- Spread into a casserole dish.
I mean…does a holiday side dish even get simpler than that?
This dish is perfect to make the day before! Just bake as directed, cool a bit on the counter, wrap tightly in foil, and refrigerate.
To rewarm, bake in a 300 degree oven for 15 minutes or so.
More holiday favorite side dishes:
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Scalloped Corn Recipe:
- 30 ounces canned corn, drained
- 15 ounces creamed corn
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream I used light sour cream and it worked fine.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir together.
- Pour into a greased 9×9 dish and bake for 45-50 minutes or until the center is set and a knife inserted in the middle comes out nearly clean.
Tips & Notes:
This recipe was originally published in February 2009. It was updated with new photos in November 2019.
Leave a Review