I feel like I should slap a warning label on this post. Ready for it?
Warning: These cookies are beyond simple to make, you probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen right now, and they are addicting like you wouldn’t believe. The saltiness of the potato chips mixes with the sweetness of the chocolate. You will be powerless to resist. Do not make these if you lack self control. Do not make these if you are hungry. Do not make these if you have a mouth. Do not make these. Ever. At all. Unless you want a really yummy treat, but be sure to proceed with caution.
Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way, let me tell you what I did.
I made cookies. With potato chip crumbs in them.
I know, I didn’t think they’d be good either, but sometimes a little failure is good for the soul, so I went ahead and tried it anyway.
These cookies are definitely not failures. Unless you consider a cookie that begs you to eat 10 of them right in a row a failure. Then yes, these are huge failures.
I feel like the cookie monster over here. Send help.
You’re going to love the sweet and salty combination of these potato chip cookies! I just know it.
Potato Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Combine the flour and baking soda and slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Mix well. Stir in the potato chips and chocolate chips.
- Drop by small spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack.