Christmas Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These double chocolate chip cookies are all dressed up for Christmas! Wait until you see how soft and chewy these are!
When I was a little girl, my mama would always take me grocery shopping with her. We, of course, always had to stop by the bakery for a free cookie.
I don’t know about you, but I don’t pass up free cookies.
Anyway, I basically always grabbed the double chocolate chip cookies. I can still remember how amazing those chewy cookies were. They were perfection.
I’ve been making my own version of those double chocolate chip cookies for awhile now and I’ve shared my chocolate peanut butter cookies before. They’re every bit as delightful as these.
This recipe is a riff on my perfect chocolate chip cookies. I added in some cocoa powder to make the dough chocolate and then stirred in chocolate chips and red and green m&m candies to dress them up for Christmas.
People always comment on how extra dark and chocolate-y my recipes look. It’s because I bake with Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder. It makes for a deep dark chocolate color and flavor in any recipe. Love the stuff! (Not sponsored – just sharing because it’s what I use!) You can buy it through my affiliate link on Amazon if you like – right here!
The espresso powder in this recipe is optional. It won’t make the cookies taste like coffee, but it really helps enhance the chocolate flavor. If you have some on hand, I highly recommend using it here. Or pick some up on Amazon!
There are lots of reasons to love this recipe, starting with the fact that you don’t have to wait for butter to soften (you use melted butter here) and you also don’t have to chill your dough before baking. These bake up super thick and perfectly chewy even without chilling! This means that you can go from cookie craving to cookie eating in about 20 minutes time.
It’s kind of dangerous, honestly.
If you like thick, chewy cookies, you’re going to love these double chocolate chip cookies!
Feel free to swap out the m&m candies for any holiday or just leave them out entirely and keep them more true to their classic selves.
It’s hard to tell from the photos, but these are BIG cookies. I love big bakery cookies like this and think they’re so much more fun than a bunch of tiny cookies. You’ll get just 9 large cookies out of this batch of dough, but don’t be scared. You won’t regret these large cookies!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies for Christmas
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup red and green m&m candies
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Add the butter and sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until well combined with the paddle attachment.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt to the mix and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and candies by hand.
- Portion dough into 9 large balls and place on a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes exactly. Cookies will look underdone, but will continue to set up while cooling.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Cool before serving.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 338kcal Calories from fat 150|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|