CHRISTMAS OATMEAL COOKIE BARS are thick, chewy, and loaded with red and green m&ms for a festive and easy way to have a little fun this holiday season!
I’ve basically turned into a cookie factory over the years.
You see, the minute our cookie jar runs empty, the husband starts mentioning that there is ‘nothing to eat in this house.’
Never mind the sliced veggies lovingly prepared for emergency snacking needs.
Or the leftovers from the homecooked meal I made the night before.
Or, let’s be real, the umpteen boxes of cereal that I keep in the pantry.
No. There is NOTHING TO EAT IN THIS HOUSE the minute we are out of cookies. 😉
I love baking cookies (especially my perfect chocolate chip cookies!) and really do try to keep the cookie jar full, but sometimes I’m just not in the mood to scoop out dozens of cookies and deal with baking multiple pans of cookies.
Enter the bar cookie…it’s the best because you just dump all your cookie dough in a 9×13 and bake it up in one go. So easy and always a hit!
This is a quick run-down of the recipe with tips and tricks. For the full recipe, scroll on down to the recipe card!
- Melted Butter
- Brown Sugar
- Rolled Oats
- Baking Soda
- Holiday M&M Candies
- Chocolate Chips
You can use any type of candies you like here. We normally just go for the traditional m&ms, but peanut or peanut butter work great as well!
My family prefers milk chocolate chips, but any variety will work great. Use what you love.
- Add everything but the candy and chocolate chips to a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer.
- Stir in the chocolate and candy by hand.
- Spread into a 9×13 and bake!
It really doesn’t get easier than this recipe! No waiting for butter to soften or creaming together the ingredients in a specific order.
Just dump it all together, mix, and bake!
Freezing cookie bars:
These oatmeal cookie bars freeze beautifully!
Be sure they are cooled completely before wrapping tightly and placing in the freezer. They’ll keep in the freezer for about a month.
Thaw overnight on the counter before serving.
More cookie bars to try:
Christmas Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add everything but the m&ms and chocolate chips to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the candy and chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the baking dish. Bake for 28 minutes or until a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Bars should look slightly underdone.
- Let cool 1 hour before cutting into bars.