No bake peanut butter bars all dressed up for Christmas! These little no bake bars are so quick to whip up (5 minutes!) and are always devoured by my friends and family!
My husband and I were talking the other day about how much peanut butter we go through.
Apparently, he thinks that 4 pounds of peanut butter a month is…a lot?
Um. Actually, I feel like it’s perfectly reasonable and even maybe below average.
We like peanut butter, okay?
Anyway, I just rolled my eyes at my judgy husband and I went into the kitchen and made these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars. Then I dressed them up for Christmas, because ’tis the season and all that.
You guys are going to LOVE this easy recipe. It seriously could not be simpler – you won’t even need a mixer or any fancy tools.
How to make no bake peanut butter bars for Christmas:
The peanut butter base of this recipe is made with creamy peanut butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and melted butter.
You literally just grab a spoon and stir it all together. This couldn’t be easier.
Spread the mixture into a 9×9 or 8×8 baking dish.
Next up, add some chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave them in 30 second bursts until they’re melted. You’ll want to check to see if they’re melting by stirring in between each burst of microwaving. Chocolate chips hold their shape as they melt, so you won’t know unless you stir. 🙂
Smooth the melted chocolate over the peanut butter bars and then grab some m&m candies.
I like to add the m&m’s to a plastic bag and then crush them with a mallet or rolling pin. This gives you smaller pieces that are easier to eat and it also flakes off the candy coating a bit to give you a pretty red and green sprinkly look. Love it!
Pop these bars into the fridge for a couple of hours and you are good to go!
I slice these up pretty small, but I always end up eating two because they are just that good!
More Christmas recipes you’ll love:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge: Layers of peanut butter goodness!
Christmas Crack: Seriously make this one every year!
Christmas Crunch Bars: Like a rice krispies treat, but better!
Christmas Popcorn: If you love popcorn, you’ll love this version!
White Chocolate Fudge: No candy thermometer needed!
Christmas No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped m&m candies
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter to a medium mixing bowl and stir well with a spoon to combine.
- When mixture is well combined, spread into the bottom of a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring each time, until the chocolate has melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter mixture and smooth evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle the m&m's over the melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting and serving.