I feel like I’ve been sharing a lot of savory dishes lately. Weird, man. I’m usually more of a sweets girl.
I promise, gooey, chocolatey, ridiculous concoctions are coming up next week. Cross my heart and hope to die.
In the meantime, you should probably eat a few veggies to prepare yourself for the coming week of decadence and debauchery. Make your mama proud. Eat something green.
The only way I get my husband to eat roasted green beans is with lots of bacon!
Just, you know, be sure to wrap that green goodness in bacon first. It’ll be okay.
You can leave that part out when you’re bragging to your mom about how healthy you are.
And definitely skip over the part where you brush the bacon with melted butter. Moms don’t need to know everything you eat. Just keep ’em happy with the green parts.
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 6 slices bacon cut in half
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Place a cooling rack on a large cookie sheet.
- Wash and dry green beans. Snap off the ends. Take a small handful of beans (anywhere from 5-10 green beans) and lay them on a strip of bacon. Roll the bacon up and around the green bean bundle and place it in the pan, seam side down. Repeat with remaining green beans.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan on the stove. Add the brown sugar and garlic powder and mix together until well combined. Remove from the heat and brush over the tops of the green bean bundles. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and roast for 35 minutes. Remove foil and roast for another 10-15 minutes or until the bacon gets nice and crisp. Enjoy!
lightly adapted from How Sweet It Is