This ZUCCHINI CARROT BREAD is so moist thanks to the shredded zucchini and carrots. The bread has plenty of spices added in and it’s topped off with a simple cream cheese glaze. This bread is perfect with a cup of coffee!
I’ve been on a bread baking kick since, well, the world fell apart and we were all stuck at home.
But, okay, even before that I was a pretty big fan of whipping up a quick bread and eating slices for breakfast with a cup of coffee.
My go to breads tend to be this chocolate banana bread and pumpkin chocolate chip bread.
I figured it was time to make something without chocolate…so I swapped it for a cream cheese glaze. 😉
How to Make:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Start by shredding some zucchini and carrot. I find it easiest to use my food processor for this, but you could also use a box grater.
Whisk together your wet ingredients and then stir in the dry ingredients.
We’re using applesauce in place of some of the oil to keep this on the lighter side and add extra moisture and sweetness.
Fold in the zucchini and carrot and then spread the batter into a loaf pan.
This bread bakes in about an hour. Once it’s completely cooled, you’ll want to stir together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla to make the glaze.
Other Glaze Options
- A simple mixture of powdered sugar and milk will make a classic vanilla glaze, as seen on this blueberry bread.
- A chocolate glaze would be delicious!
- Skip the glaze altogether and stir chocolate chips right into the batter.
- The browned butter glaze on this moist pumpkin bread would be perfect here.
This zucchini carrot bread has a major carrot cake vibe going on, thanks to the addition of carrot, cinnamon, and nutmeg. The cream cheese glaze really drives it home.
Picky Kid Hack!
If your kids rebel at the sight of green flecks in their food, peel the zucchini before shredding it. They won’t even know it’s in there!
More easy zucchini recipes!
Garden overflowing with zucchini? I can help…
- Zucchini Casserole
- Fried Zucchini
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Zucchini Bread with Pineapple
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Zucchini Carrot Bread
For the bread:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- ¾ cup grated carrots
For the glaze:
- 2 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- Pinch of salt
To make the bread:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9×5 loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add the oil, applesauce, egg, and egg yolk to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Whisk in the brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir just until the flour has disappeared. Do not over mix.
- Add the zucchini and carrots to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from the loaf pan and cooling completely on a wire rack.
To make the glaze:
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a microwave safe bowl and microwave until soft enough to stir together, but not fully melted, about 30-60 seconds.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bread and allow to set for 15 minutes to firm up.
Leave a Review