Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are the perfect fall twist to a traditional chocolate chip cookie! Loaded with melty chocolate and pumpkin spice, this combo is a big hit!
My teen helps me out in the kitchen quite a bit.
In fact, when you watch one of my videos, you can almost be certain that she helped with it…she preps all the ingredients and does all the clean up for me to keep me sane on ‘video day.’ She’s a huge help and I love that she’s learning some important life skills.
When we started working on a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, she was NOT INTERESTED. Nope. No thank you. Keep your pumpkin spice out of my cookies, lady.
Then she tasted the dough (because, obviously, we taste test the dough for quality control!) and was a convert.
I admit, there is nothing better than a traditional chocolate chip cookie (have you tried my perfect chococolate chip cookies yet?) But, tis the season to add pumpkin to everything and I am not one to pass up on that opportunity.
These. are. delicious. Perfectly soft, not too cakey (though definitely cakier than a traditional CCC), with just the right amount of pumpkin and pumpkin spice.
These are such a favorite that we recently came out with some white chocolate pumpkin cookies, if that’s more your style!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dry Ingredients – You’ll need white and brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt.
Wet Ingredients – Egg, butter, vanilla extract!
Chocolate Chips – You can use any variety of chocolate chips. I’m using milk chocolate chips, but dark chocolate or even white chocolate would work.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- It’s all the flavor of a pumpkin pie in the form of a cookie!
- You can make these year round, no need to wait until Fall.
- Most pumpkin cookies are very cakey, but ours have that cookie chew to them that we love!
It’s so easy to whip up dessert with this cute hand mixer. It doesn’t take up much space and is a must for any kitchen!
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Mix: You’ll start this cookie recipe like most others: cream together some butter and sugar until it’s nice and creamy.
Pumpkin: Add in your pumpkin puree, eggs, and vanilla until all combined.
Combine: Add the dry ingredients (flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt) to the bowl and mix all that in until combined. That’s how you make pumpkin cookie dough!
Chocolate: These are pumpkin chocolate chip cookies so you’ll need to stir some chocolate chips into the pumpkin cookie dough. You can use any variety here: Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even white chocolate works.
Scoop & Chill: We like to use a large cookie scoop for this recipe to create nice big cookies. I use this cookie scoop! I’ve had it for years and it gets used alllllll the time in my house.
Drop the cookie dough out onto 2 baking sheets (you’ll get 18 cookies here) and then pop the cookie sheets in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Chilling the dough is important…
If you skip this step, your cookies will spread too much. We want thick, beautiful cookies and that’s worth a 30 minute wait!
Bake: After the pumpkin cookie dough has finished chilling you can pop the cookie sheets into the oven and start baking! It’ll take about 13 to 15 minutes or until the tops have set.
Let them cool for 5-10 minutes and dig in!
Just wondering…would it be wrong to serve these alongside a pumpkin spice latte?
These are large cookies and you want them to be nice and thick! If you don’t chill the pumpkin cookie dough before baking the cookies will spread out too much. This is an important step!
This pumpkin cookie dough should hold up pretty well overnight in the refrigerator. You can freeze the dough for later too.
These pumpkin chocolate chip cookies will last 4-5 days in your cookie jar.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES!
- Butter Cookies: Our fav cut out cookies!
- Lemon Cookies: Perfectly sweet + tart!
- Air Fryer Cookies: These giant chocolate chip cookies in the air fryer are easy!
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies: You can enjoy these cookies even while dieting!
- Banana Oatmeal Cookies: If you love banana bread, you need these cookies!
- Macadamia Nut Cookies: Loaded with macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies: They come out soft and fudgy every time!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Add the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add the pumpkin, egg, and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt to the bowl and mix until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Use a large cookie scoop to scoop out balls of dough onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Place cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to chill the dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake the cookies for 13-15 minutes or until the tops are set.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.