These Lil Smokies pigs in a blanket are the perfect party snack or appetizer! They’re so easy to make and even better when served with dip!
My first experience with pigs in a blanket were the breakfast variety – sausage wrapped in a pancake and dipped in syrup. Those are tasty, but I’m more of a savory girl these days and that’s where these Lil Smokies Pigs in a Blanket come into play.
These make the perfect snack or appetizer, are excellent for feeding a crowd, and couldn’t be easier with just 4 easy steps and 4 simple ingredients!
Much like our Grape Jelly Lil Smokies, these are a huge favorite with friends and family. A must make!
Table of Contents
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lil Smokies Sausages – These are also known as cocktail sausages and most grocery stores will carry them. Any variety is fine too: pork, beef, chicken. Some use a variety of meats.
Crescent Roll Dough – Quick and easy this dough is perfect for wrapping the Lil Smokies!
Egg – An egg wash helps makes the dough golden brown and glossy.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- Bite-sized Fun: These mini pigs in a blanket offer a delectable bite-sized treat that combines savory sausages with flaky, golden pastry.
- Irresistibly Addictive: People can’t stop popping these little guys in their mouths. Bet you can’t eat just one!
- Perfect for Parties: These crowd-pleasing appetizers are the life of the party. These go quick so make a double batch!
- Quick and Easy: With just 4 ingredients and minimal prep, these Lil Smokies pigs in a blanket make a fun party food or quick afternoon snack.
- Kid-Friendly Favorite: These mini sausages wrapped in buttery dough are a hit with kids, making them a great choice for family-friendly events or picky eaters.
- Dippable: Everyone loves a good dip and these are made to be dipped and dunked in a variety of sauces, such as honey mustard, melty cheese, cream cheese, ranch, Chick Fil A sauce, and more!
As Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4…
Roll: Unroll the crescent dough, cut into 24 small triangles, and roll each sausage in the dough.
Egg Wash: Brush the tops of the dough with a beaten egg.
Season: Sprinkle Everything Bagel seasoning over the dough.
Bake: Pop these on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until they are golden brown and the dough is cooked through!
Don’t Forget The Dip!
You could enjoy these mini pigs in a blanket all on their own but why not serve them with your favorite dip? You can dip these in just about anything too! Here are some good choices:
- Homemade Honey Mustard
- Cheese Sauce
- Chili Cheese Dip
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Rotel Dip
- Softened Cream Cheese
- Spicy Brown Mustard
- Pimento Cheese
Air Fryer Mini Pigs In A Blanket:
If you don’t want to heat up the whole house or if the oven is already being used you can also prepare these Lil Smokies Pigs in a Blanket in an air fryer!
Just follow all the same steps for preparing the wrapped Lil Smokies with the seasoning and then air fry at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or until golden brown!
This popular appetizer comes is generally made with a pork sausage or hot dog wrapped in dough and baked. You don’t have to stick to pork though, you can use any variety of sausage that you like.
Keep any leftover Lil Smokies pigs in a blanket stored in an airtight container in your fridge for up to 3 to 5 days. You can reheat in the oven, an air fryer, or the microwave.
MORE EASY APPETIZER RECIPES!
Lil Smokies Pigs in a Blanket
- 24 Lil Smokies cocktail sausages
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove the Lil Smokies from the package and pat dry with a paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Open the crescent roll dough and unroll and separate the dough into 8 triangles. Cut each triangle into 3 smaller triangles.
- Place a sausage at the widest end of the dough and roll them up to cover.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl until smooth and then brush lightly over the top of each piece of dough. Sprinkle with the bagel seasoning.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and dough is cooked through.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.