Our Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies are a classic, but with a sweet and spicy twist! We don’t just stop with bacon, we coat the sausages in a simple spice mixture that really makes these irresistible!
There’s not much in this world that I love more than snacks, which is probably evident by all the appetizer and snack recipes I share with you guys!
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies are a favorite where I’m from, but the original recipe I’ve always seen used is just Lil Smokies sausages, bacon, and brown sugar. Delicious, for sure, but not quite as tasty as when you take it just a touch further by adding in a little chili powder, ground mustard, and cracked pepper!
Be sure to try our Grape Jelly Lil Smokies too! Another major fav!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cocktail Sausages: We use one full 14 oz package of Lil Smokies. These are just miniature smoked sausages and easy to find at any grocery store.
Bacon: Regular cut bacon works well here. Thick cut won’t cook as nicely.
Spices: We’re taking these to the next level by coating them in a mixture of brown sugar, ground mustard, chili powder, and cracked pepper.
How to Make:
Wrap: Pat dry the sausages and slice the bacon into thirds. Wrap each sausage in the bacon and secure with a toothpick.
Spices: Add the brown sugar, chili powder, ground mustard, and cracked pepper to a zip top bag and stir or shake to combine
Coat: Add several of your sausages to the bag and shake to coat.
Bake: Arrange the sausages on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.
Turn the oven to broil and cook for just a minute or two if you’d like extra crispy bacon. Just be careful not to burn the sugar.
Make it Low Carb!
Swap out the brown sugar for your favorite sweetener. We like Lakanto or Swerve brown sugar sweetener in this recipe.
Try these with a dip!
Try dipping these in ranch, honey mustard, or cheese dip!
These are sweet with just a tiny bit of spice as they are. If you want spicy lil smokies, add cayenne to the spice mix.
Spritz some nonstick spray on a baking sheet and place your leftovers on the baking sheet. Then reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
More bacon appetizers!
Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
- 14 ounces Lil Smokies sausages
- 1 pound bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with foil.
- Drain the package of Lil Smokies and pat each sausage dry with a paper towel.
- Slice the bacon into thirds and wrap each sausage in a piece of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Add the brown sugar, chili powder, pepper, and mustard to a ziptop bag and shake to combine.
- Add 5-10 sausages to the bag and shake to coat in the seasoning. Arrange sausages in an even layer on the prepared pan and repeat with remaining sausages.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until bacon is cooked through.