Our Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts are a simple, flavorful way to get in those veggies! Roasted Brussels sprouts and crispy bacon go together so well, especially when you toss in a bit of maple syrup!
I don’t know what it is about Brussles sprouts but sometimes I get cravings for them. STRONG cravings.
Quite weird, considering I spent most of my younger life avoiding Brussels sprouts like the plague!
Our honey balsamic Brussels sprouts would probably convert anyone into a sprouts lover and I think these maple bacon Brussels sprouts might just do the same!
Our Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts are quite popular, so we thought we’d put a little twist on that recipe. This version is a bit simpler, but still has all the same flavor.
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Brussels sprouts– We need trimmed and halved sprouts. You can purchase these already prepared or just cut them yourself. It actually goes pretty fast. Just be sure to use fresh and not frozen!
Bacon– You’ll need 4 slices of bacon that you’ve chopped up into small pieces.
Maple Syrup– Please use pure maple syrup and not the imitation pancake syrup here. We’re partial to Vermont maple syrup as that’s where my dad grew up. It’s the best!
Seasoning– We will also use olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper. The cayenne helps balance out the sweetness, but doesn’t make this too spicy.
Trimming Brussels Sprouts
- Use a sharp knife to cut the woody, dried tip off the end of the Brussels sprouts.
- Remove any damaged, dried, spotted leaves from the outside of the Brussels sprouts.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half from tip to tip. This will give us more surface area for browning as they roast.
How to Make:
Add the prepared Brussels sprouts and diced bacon to a bowl.
Pour the maple syrup and seasonings over the top and stir well to coat everything.
Dump everything onto a greased or lined baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25 minute sat 400 degrees.
Take the extra time to arrange your Brussels sprouts cut side down on the baking sheet. This will give you more of the roasted, browned, caramelized goodness on the Brussels sprouts!
For maximum crispy edges, arrange the sprouts so that they are cut side down on the baking sheet.
You can add them back to a baking sheet. You may want to spritz the sheet with a little bit of non stick spray, and heat for 5-7 minutes at 350 degrees F.
We’re roasting these Brussels sprouts in the oven without first boiling them. We prefer the texture this way.
We think this recipe is pretty perfect as it is, but you could easily swap honey for maple syrup! You could also add generous amounts of cracked black pepper in place of the cayenne, if you’re sensitive to spice.
More easy side dishes!
- Honey Butter Corn Recipe
- One Pot Creamy Garlic Pasta
- Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Jiffy Corn Casserole
- Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 ½ pounds fresh Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 4 slices bacon chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne see note
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and stir to coat.
- Spread the Brussels sprouts and bacon onto the prepared baking sheet. Make sure the bacon is not clumped together for even cooking.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are as browned and tender as you’d like.
- Serve hot.