These cream cheese pinwheels are the perfect football food. Handheld and easy to pop in your mouth all day long. 😉
It’s football time, friends. At least, that’s what my husband keeps insisting.
I’m just over here with my hands over my ears shouting “lalalalalalala” as loudly and as maturely as possible. 😉
Look, football is fine. I have no issues with a bunch of men running around in tight pants. It’s just…does it have to be every Sunday? Like everrrrrrrry Sunday? Can we maybe make it just be once a month or only on Sundays when I don’t have other plans for my husband?
Every year I complain about this.
And every year I say, “at least there is football food.” I’ll never stop doing that. Sorry ’bout your luck.
At least when I do it, I bring you a new recipe!
This time, I’m bringing new pinwheel recipes, because yes please. Gimme.
I love using crescent dough sheets to come up with new pinwheel recipes. The dough is so easy to work with, tastes amazing, and just about anything can be stuffed inside it.
Check out my ham and cheese pinwheels and my peanut butter pinwheels! So good!
This time around we’re doing some cream cheese pinwheels. With bacon and chicken, because heck yeah. Can’t go wrong with that.
You may notice that this filling is awfully similar to that of my chicken pockets. That’s because it’s exactly the same. I made those chicken pockets for dinner one night and thought, you know what, these would make an excellent snack for football games. I was right.
Check out my video below to see how to make pinwheels that your guests will LOVE!
Hope you guys enjoy these cream cheese pinwheels as much as we do!
Cream Cheese Pinwheels with Bacon and Chicken
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 packages crescent dough sheets
- Ranch dressing for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the chicken, bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, and all the spices. Stir well to combine.
- Remove one crescent dough sheet from the package and place it on your work surface.
- Spoon half of the chicken mixture onto the dough and spread in an even layer.
- Roll the dough up and slice into 9 equal rounds.
- Repeat with the remaining crescent sheet and filling.
- Place the crescent rounds on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping, as desired.
Leave a Review