Chicken and Bacon Pockets
Guys, I have a serious problem with chicken.
I am obsessed. My husband has started doing that thing where he nonchalantly wonders aloud whether or not he’ll ever see a piece of red meat in his sad little life. Would I mind picking him up some iron supplements, he asks. He’s feeling a little low. Hey, by the way, red meat is full of iron, he notes.
He’s a total drama queen.
Whatever. I have about 83 bags of frozen, shredded chicken in my freezer and it’s so simple that I can’t not use it every chance I get.
Cook meat for dinner tonight? How dare you suggest such a thing when I have a freezer full of chicken!
Luckily for the family, I’m pretty creative at coming up with new ways to use chicken. These Chicken and Bacon Pockets are outrageously good. I’ve been on a total cream cheese kick lately, so these made me happy. Of course, the bacon and cheddar didn’t hurt either. Oh, and did I mention how crunchy the outsides of these biscuit pockets get from the cracker crumbs? But the inside stays all nice and fluffy! These little chicken pockets are magic, you guys.
Chicken and Bacon Pockets
Luckily for the family, I'm pretty creative at coming up with new ways to use chicken. These Chicken and Bacon Pockets are outrageously good. I've been on a total cream cheese kick lately, so these made me happy. Of course, the bacon and cheddar didn't hurt either.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tube refrigerated Grand's Biscuits
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers finely crushed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the chicken, bacon, cream cheese, sour cream, and all the spices. Stir often while the cream cheese melts and coat the chicken with the mixture.
- Remove the 8 biscuits from the tube and flatten them between the palms of your hands. Stretch them to around 5 inches around.
- Spoon as much of the chicken mixture as will fit into the center of each biscuit. Fold the dough up to create a half circle and pinch the seams closed tightly.
- Place the cracker crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Whisk together the egg and water in a second shallow dish.
- Dip each of the biscuits into the egg and then the crackers to coat. Place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the biscuits are cooking, heat the soup, cheese, and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat until the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the sauce over the biscuits before serving.
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on bunsinmyoven.com should only be used as a general guideline.