Is it just me or does Bravo have the very best television shows ever?
I have never been a reality show fan until Shelly insisted that I watch Real Housewives of New Jersey.
Those women are crazy, y’all.
Once you start watching that kind of crazy, you can’t stop. You just can’t stop.
And once you turn Bravo on, you can’t change the channel. Each show is better than the last. Even my husband gets sucked into it. He just sat here and watched Tabatha’s Takeover with me. He won’t admit he did that, but he totally did.
I just don’t recommend turning it on early in the morning. You won’t get a single thing done the rest of the day. Seriously. I should know. It’s 9am and I’m watching it right now. I’ll be here until bedtime.
Of course, I’ll take breaks for food. Like, these caramel shortbread bars. These are ridiculously easy to make and taste like a grown up twix bar.
Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Bars
For the shortbread:
- 2/3 cup butter softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
For the caramel:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
For the chocolate topping:
- 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel optional
- 1 1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- To make the shortbread, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and flour until crumbly.
- Press into a 9x9 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the caramel, add the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and condensed milk to a medium sauce pan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring often, and continue boiling for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Pour caramel over the (warm or cool) shortbread.
- For the topping, sprinkle the fleur de sel over the caramel.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top and return to the oven for 1 minute.
- Spread the chocolate chips with an offset spatula or swirl with a knife for a marble effect.
- Cool completely and cut into small squares.
adapted from All Recipes
Leave a Review