This Buffalo Chicken Flatbread is a simple, spicy way to get dinner on the table! Loaded with tender chicken tossed in buffalo sauce, a cream cheese and ranch base, and plenty of cheese all on top of flatbread!
Let me just be honest for a second here – I’m not a huge blue cheese kind of girl. I mean, I don’t know if you know this or not, but the blue part? That’s mold. No thanks.
Instead, you’ll find me over here with a pile of buffalo wings and a literal vat of ranch dressing. The two just belong together and I don’t care what the people of Buffalo, NY have to say about it. 😉
Anyway, I love buffalo chicken and we’ve shared our recipe for Buffalo Chicken Pizza before and it seems like you all like buffalo chicken too!
This flatbread is very similar, but instead of making a pizza dough, we start with a store-bought flatbread. It makes life so easy and means you can get this simple recipe on the table any time!
Not into flatbread? Make our crockpot buffalo chicken dip instead and serve it with crackers! So darn good.
Table of Contents
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken – We’re starting from scratch with raw chicken breasts here. Other options include a shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken. You could even use frozen breaded chicken here!
Seasoning – Some garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper for seasoning the chicken before cooking.
Wing Sauce – Try my homemade buffalo sauce recipe, or pick up your favorite brand of buffalo wing sauce from the store. We’re partial to Frank’s.
Flatbread Crusts – We use Stonefire flatbreads which can easily be found in many grocery stores. Naan or pita bread also work well.
Cream Cheese – You will want to start with room temperature cream cheese so it is easy to work with.
Ranch Seasoning Mix – Be sure to use the packet of seasoning and not the packet of dip mix. The dip mix is quite a bit saltier and if you pair that with the buffalo sauce, it’ll be too much.
Shredded Cheese – I’m adding some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses to the mix. This is the part where people yell at me for not using blue cheese, but YOU DO YOU. It’ll work great here, if you like the stuf.
Topping – We like to sprinkle on some sliced green onions before serving, along with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing!
What We Love About This Recipe:
- There are so many different ways you can enjoy buffalo chicken, and this one is nice and easy when you use a premade flatbread crust.
- If you want to add toppings or change up the types of cheese or spiciness of the sauce you can easily customize this recipe.
- Not a fan of spice? We’ve made this exact recipe using BBQ sauce too and it’s still delicious!
Tips & Tricks:
Chicken: We’re starting this off with seasoned chicken breasts that we sear in a hot skillet, but you’ve got options! Toss shredded rotisserie chicken in our seasoning blend and use that for an even quicker version. Canned chicken works as well (skip seasoning it with salt as it’s usually already salty), or leftover cooked and diced chicken will work great too!
Cast iron skillets are my favorite! They heat so evenly, get piping hot for searing, and nothing is better than bacon fried in a cast iron skillet.
Sauce: We love our homemade buffalo sauce, but you can easily use a bottle of sauce from the store. Frank’s is my favorite, but there are quite a few varieties. Use whichever suits your preferences and spice level.
Flatbread: We’re keeping it simple and starting with a storebought flatbread. We like Stonefire brand, but any flatbread would work. You can use naan or pita or even a tortilla, if you don’t mind a really thin crust.
Serving Suggestions: You can top these off with whatever your heart desires! We always go for a big drizzle of ranch dressing and a sprinkle of green onions, but crumbled blue cheese or blue cheese dressing are also great choices.
If you have leftover slices of flatbread or if you are just saving the other flatbread for later, you can keep it sealed in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days. It can be reheated in the oven.
Not a fan of buffalo sauce? Give this a try using your favorite BBQ sauce! A sweet sauce will pair perfectly with the ranch cream cheese!
Air Fryer Option!
Don’t want to heat up the house with your oven? No problem – this recipe works great in the air fryer!
Pop your flatbread into the air fryer and air fry at 380 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melty and the crust is warmed through.
MORE FLATBREAD RECIPES!
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread
- Spicy Garlic Chicken Flatbread
- Mexican Chicken Flatbread
- Jalapeno Popper Dip Flatbread
MORE BUFFALO CHICKEN RECIPES!
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Flatbread
- 2 small chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup wing sauce plus more for drizzling
- 2 flatbread crusts
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded cheddar
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Blue cheese or ranch dressing for drizzling
- Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.
- Stir together the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a small dish.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the seasoning blend.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. Once hot, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and dice into small pieces. Toss the chicken in the buffalo sauce to coat.
- While the chicken is cooking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the flatbreads on top.
- Combine the cream cheese and ranch seasoning in a small bowl. Spread each of the flatbreads with the cream cheese mixture and top with the mozzarella and cheddar.
- Arrange the chicken over the cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with blue cheese or ranch before serving.