Our Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are an easy, flavorful, and low carb dinner that the whole family loves. I drizzled mine with ranch dressing before serving, but blue cheese is great too!
It’s no secret that we love low carb recipes or that we love buffalo chicken! And lucky for me, the two go hand in hand quite nicely!
These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are such an easy way to get dinner on the table, and my family absolutely loves them!
Saucy chicken, a little cheese, and a drizzle of ranch (or blue cheese) makes these an instant favorite!
We keep these super easy and use our trick for softening the peppers in the oven – no need to parboil them! I’m a busy mom and I’m all about cutting out extra steps where I can. 😉
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green Bell Peppers – You’ll slice these in half length-wise for stuffing with the buffalo chicken mix! See more on slicing them and why I’m using green peppers below in the how to prepare section.
Shredded Chicken – You’ll need some pre-cooked chicken for this recipe. We always have some on hand just for this sort of thing. Follow the link to try out my easy shredded and frozen chicken recipe!
Cheese – These buffalo chicken stuffed peppers are fully of creamy, cheesy flavor! You’ll add in some softened cream cheese, grated cheddar, and grated mozzarella!
Frank’s Red Hot Sauce – You could use a different brand of hot sauce for the buffalo chicken filling but I really do think Frank’s is just about perfect for this!
Ranch Seasoning Mix – Be sure to use the dry ranch seasoning mix and not the dry ranch dip mix. The dip mix has a lot more salt than the seasoning mix.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- This is the kind of low carb recipe that anyone can enjoy, even the kids!
- We love the spicy buffalo chicken flavors mixed with the creamy and cheesy ranch flavor. It’s just about perfect!
- It’s easy to make these peppers as mild or as spicy as you like! You could even do half buffalo and half BBQ if your kids really don’t like buffalo sauce!
How to Cut Bell Peppers:
You’ll notice that I cut my peppers in half length-wise rather than lopping off the top.
I do this because I think it’s easier to fill them this way. They lay down nicely and it’s easier to cover the dish with foil.
If you want to lop the top off and fill them standing up, that’s fine too. Place the pepper halves in a 9×13 baking dish and set aside for now!
You can swap in any color of pepper, but stuffed green peppers are a bit lower in carbs than the other colors. If you’re not watching your carb intake super close, go ahead and use any color you like!
How to Make Stuffed Bell Peppers:
Filling: Add the chicken, cream cheese, hot sauce, mozzarella, and a 1/4 cup of cheddar to a bowl. Season with the ranch seasoning. Stir everything to combine – the mixture will be thick and creamy.
Slice: Cut the peppers in half from stem to tip and scrape out all of the insides. Arrange them in a 9×13 baking dish and add a tablespoon or two of water to the bottom of the pan.
Fill: Spoon the buffalo chicken filling into each of the peppers halves.
Bake: Bake in a hot oven for about 25 minutes or until the bell peppers have softened to your liking! Almost done, one last important step…
Broil: Remove the foil from the baking dish and sprinkle on the rest of the cheddar cheese! Set your oven to broil and return the dish to the oven to broil for 1 minute. This will quickly melt the cheddar cheese!
Don’t do this for than a minute or two or it will burn! You just want perfectly melty cheese, and broiling is a quick way to do it.
Serve: These keto stuffed peppers are best served hot! Sprinkle them with some chives and drizzle with some ranch or blue cheese dressing.
This keto blue cheese dressing is a great choice!
It’ll take about 25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until the peppers have softened! Be sure the pan is tightly covered so that the peppers can steam.
You sure can! Keep them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yep! You can store them cooked or uncooked. Wrap them individually in plastic and then store in a freezer safe container.
You’ll want to thaw them overnight in the fridge before reheating or baking.
MORE STUFFED BELL PEPPER RECIPES!
- Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
- Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- Sloppy Joe Stuffed Peppers
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- 4 green bell peppers sliced in half length-wise
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar divided
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon chives
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pepper halves in a 9×13 baking dish and set aside.
- Add the chicken, cream cheese, 1/4 cup of cheddar, mozzarella, hot sauce, and ranch to a mixing bowl and stir well combine.
- Spoon the chicken mixture evenly into the peppers.
- Add one tablespoon of water to the bottom of the baking dish and cover pan tightly with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until peppers have softened to your liking.
- Remove the foil, sprinkle with the remaining cheddar, and set your oven to broil. Broil for 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle with chives just before serving. Drizzle with ranch or blue cheese dressing, if desired.