Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
These cheesy ranch potatoes are the perfect side dish for all of your summer barbecues! The tangy ranch dressing and buttery softy potatoes are perfect with the crunch potato chip topping!
I have this little love affair going on with potatoes lately.
It’s kind of awesome, if we’re being honest. I mean, potatoes are not only delicious prepared in just about every manner possible, but they’re also totally affordable and generally just really dang easy to prepare.
I’m a casserole girl at heart, so I thought another potato casserole recipe might be a hit with you guys, too. I mean, it’s hard to go wrong with tender potatoes, tangy ranch, melty cheese, and crunchy potato chips!
We really like these served next to a big ol’ pile of grilled meat. My grilled buttermilk chicken recipe is perfect served with these potatoes. They also make a great side dish for holiday dinners – think about how good these would be with a big ol’ ham! Yum!
I think the next time I make these I might sprinkle some bacon in the mix. I mean, it can’t hurt things right? 😉
If you want to make this recipe even easier, you could totally start with a bottle of prepared ranch dressing. I really like making my own for these though. But, you do you! I don’t think you can mess this easy recipe up either way.
Cheesy Ranch Potatoes
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butermilk
- 3 tablespoons ranch seasoning (1 packet)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- Dice potatoes into bite-sized chunks and add to a large pot. Fill with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sour cream, buttermilk, and ranch seasoning until well combined.
- Add potatoes to the ranch mixture and stir to coat.
- Pour potatoes into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Top with the crushed potato chips.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 5 minutes more. Serve immediately.