This buttermilk chicken recipe is so juicy and tender! I like to dip it in a spicy mayonnaise recipe that’s made with sriracha!
It’s my favorite time of year, y’all! Everything is fresh and new and, most importantly, vibrantly green.
I adore the colors outside right now! And so, even though I’m not a huge fan of dirt and bugs and nature, I’m doing my best to spend some time outdoors.
The best way to get me outside is to hand me a plate of meat that needs to be grilled. I’m a freak for grilled meat. It just feels like home to me.
I don’t make a ton of chicken breast recipes unless they’re grilled around these parts. We usually stick with my crockpot shredded chicken for use in other recipes or my favorite barbecue grilled chicken with Alabama white sauce.
Every now and then I like to liven things up, though. This buttermilk chicken is so tender and juicy! The buttermilk gets a little kick from a squirt or two of sriracha, so you know this meat is going to be good and flavorful! Who can resist sriracha??
I like to serve the chicken with a spicy mayo dipping sauce. It seriously ups the yum factor by 100o. <— Does that sentence even make sense?
I also use this chicken sliced up and stuffed inside sandwiches. I have a doozy of a sandwich recipe coming for you soon that uses this meat as the base. You guys are going to loooooove it. UPDATE – Chicken BLT Sandwiches!
In the meantime, go ahead and whip this easy chicken recipe up for dinner this week. You should probably double it, because the left over chicken can be used in so many ways! I love having extra chicken hanging out in the fridge for busy days.
Spicy Buttermilk Grilled Chicken
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts about 4 breasts
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the buttermilk, sriracha, and black pepper in a large shallow dish. Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken and flip to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, preferably 4 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium heat and cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a mixture of sriracha and mayo, if desired.