These oven roasted potatoes are loaded with crispy bacon, fresh garlic, and grated Parmesan. They make a delicious side dish that everyone will love!
I’m on a diet, you guys.
I know. It’s awful and dumb and I don’t even know if life is worth living anymore.
Whyyyyyyyy is my life so full of vegetables and fruit right now? Ugh.
Enough. I’ve had enough.
So, I took a bunch of potatoes and I tossed ’em in bacon grease and then grated some Parmesan right over the top and said TAKE THAT, DIET.
It seemed reasonable at the time.
Anyway, these potatoes are delicious. They are ruining my life. But, they are worth it. I think. Gah. I don’t even know anymore you guys. Someone feed me. I’m delirious.
On a brighter note, this isn’t just a diet, this is a competition between me and my husband! And I’m happy to report that I am whooping his butt. Which is easy because he’s not actually overweight and well, I am. This will be the one time in my life that I’m grateful to have more weight to lose than someone. Truth.
The winner of the weight loss competition gets to take a trip. I’ll be hitting up Scotland with my mama if I win, he’s hitting up Vegas with his brothers if he wins. So, basically I absolutely must win.
So, now that I made you think about diets and being skinny and stuff, erase all those healthy eating thoughts from your mind and pour bacon grease on your potatoes. I insist.
Aaaaand, I promise never to talk about my diet again, because what could be more boring than listen to someone whine about wanting a cookie and not getting a cookie? Nothing. Probably. I mean, come back tomorrow and we might be talking about that new nail polish color I found for my toes.
Garlic Bacon Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into bite sized chunks. Add to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, chop the bacon into small pieces and fry until crisp. Remove bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel lined sheet.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease over the potatoes, add the salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Add more grease if needed to fully coat the potatoes.
- Pour the potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 35 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Grate the clove of garlic with a mircroplane grater over the potatoes and stir. Sprinkle with the bacon and dill and return to the hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with the Parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.