This loaded cauliflower bake is full of cheese, bacon, and cauliflower for a low carb side dish that the whole family enjoys. It’s creamy cheesy perfection and I can never get enough!
Oh, January. I kind of hate you.
You know the temperature is just ridiculous. I don’t know who authorized below zero temperatures, but I insist that we rethink all that. I mean, nose hairs should not freeze. That should not be a thing that happens to human beings.
But worst of all? Diets.
Who decided to make December the month of Eat.All.The.Things. and January the month of Eat.A.Little.Salad?
Cookie, cookie, cookie, lettuce leaf. <—- Who thought that was a good idea?
Anyway, it’s diet season. I’m not happy about it, but I’m doing my best to make it not miserable.
Low carb is the way to go for me. I mean, you still get to eat cheese. Sure, you miss the french fries and the sugar, but there is cheese. And bacon! Totally doable, if you ask me.
What Readers are Saying!
“This sounds absolutely delicious! And you could pair it with so many things! It just screams comfort food to me! Perfect for winter!” -Cassie
How to make loaded cauliflower casserole:
Dice 10 slices of raw bacon and fry it to your liking, then set it aside.
Prepare an 8×8 baking dish by spraying it with non stick spray or brushing some vegetable oil on it.
Cut the cauliflower into small florets and place in a microwave-safe bowl with a couple tablespoons of water and microwave for 3 minutes. This just gets the cooking process started.
In a large bowl, you need to stir together your cream cheese, sour cream, butter, green onions, and half of your shredded cheddar.
Stir in your cauliflower and half of your cooked bacon. Spread this cauliflower mixture in your baking dish evenly then spread out the rest of your cheese and bacon over the top.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F, or until the cheese has melted.
- Use the pre-chopped cauliflower from the produce section at the grocery store to save a bit of time.
- No microwave? Boil or steam the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes, just to heat it through and start softening it.
- Want to make this lower in fat and calories? Reduce the sour cream by half and omit the butter. Use low fat cheese, if desired.
- Make it a full meal by adding cooked and chopped chicken to the mixture.
This loaded cauliflower casserole reheats beautifully in the microwave or the oven.
Microwave, covered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Pop in a baking dish and bake, covered, at 350 for 10-15 minutes to heat through.
More low carb recipes:
Want more low carb recipes? Find me over on ThatLowCarbLife.com, my new blog dedicated solely to low carb living!
Loaded Cauliflower Bake
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 cup grated cheddar divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter soft
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 10 slices bacon cooked and diced, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the cauliflower to a microwave safe bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water to the bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave for 3 minutes or until tender crisp.
- In a large bowl, stir together 1/2 cup of the cheddar, cream cheese, sour cream, butter, and green onions until well combined.
- Stir in the cauliflower to coat. Stir in half of the bacon.
- Pour cauliflower mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and bacon.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese has melted and cauliflower is as soft as you’d like.
- Serve immediately.