This PUMPKIN CREAM PIE starts with a simple homemade graham cracker crust and a layer of no bake, thick and creamy pumpkin filling! We fold in chocolate chips and top it all with extra whipped topping.
Raise your hand if you are ready for pumpkin season!
I’m here for it, you guys.
Year round. Count me in. I will take your pumpkin pie and I will slather it with whipped cream and I will eat it January through December with zero complaints.
I know we don’t all feel that way, based on the number of angry comments I get when sharing a pumpkin recipe during the ‘off’ season (which is apparently every month aside from October and November).
But I gotta be me and that means that you’re getting this decadent cream cheese pumpkin pie right now and I don’t even care what color the leaves are or how warm it may be outside. Eat the pumpkin pie and enjoy it! 😉
Let’s talk about this pie:
- It starts with a graham cracker crust so you know it’s going to be good.
- The filling is no bake, super easy, and turns out rich and creamy.
- There are chocolate chips folded in, but you can skip them if you don’t like chocolate with your pumpkin.
- There’s an extra layer of whipped topping over the whole thing, because can you ever have enough creamy goodness?
- This pumpkin cream pie takes about 20 minutes of hands on time, a few hours to chill, and 30 seconds to devour like your life depends on it. It’s GOOD.
I found this recipe in an old Taste of Home magazine, doctored it up a tiny bit, and here it is. I know you’re going to love it!
How to Make:
For the crust: Start by either making your own graham cracker crumbs or buying a box of crumbs. Mix them with melted butter, sugar, and cinnamon and press into a pie plate. Bake for 7 minutes and let cool.
And yes, you can use a store bough graham cracker crust, if you prefer! You’ll just have a thicker, taller pie, which is not a bad thing!
For the filling: Add pumpkin, whipped topping, instant pudding, evaporated milk, cream cheese, and pumpkin pie spice to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
To complete: Spoon the filling into the graham cracker crust and smooth it out. Refrigerate for a few hours and then spread more whipped topping over the top. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings before serving.
- Place a good quality chocolate bar in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the edges of the chocolate bar in long strips.
- Sprinkle the shavings over the pumpkin cream pie.
If you’re not into the combo of pumpkin and chocolate, just skip the chocolate chips and chocolate shavings completely!
This cream cheese pumpkin pie is just as good with or without the chocolate.
Okay, this isn’t a leftover hack, but if you’re not eating leftover pumpkin pie for breakfast, you’re not living your life right. Trust me.
More pumpkin recipes!
- Pumpkin Pie Dip
- Pumpkin Cobbler
- Keto Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Cream Pie
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the filling:
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 8 ounces Cool Whip divided
- 1 5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- chocolate shavings see note
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the crust, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and cinnamon until the cracker crumbs are moist.
- Press mixture firmly into a 9 inch pie plate to form the crust.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Cool completely.
- Once the pie crust has cooled, make the filling by adding the pumpkin, 2 cups of Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, evaporated milk, cream cheese, chocolate chips, and pumpkin spice to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the filling into the pie crust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top of the pie.
- Sprinkle with extra chocolate chips or chocolate shavings, if desired.
Leave a Review