This GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE is an easy, no-bake recipe that is perfect for the holidays! Loads of gingerbread flavor with a simple crust and a creamy filling.
We’re deep into the Christmas movies over here. Hallmark just started releasing new ones and I’m hooked.
My daughter and I cozy up on the couch with blankets, a cup of hot cocoa, and the twinkling lights of our Christmas tree just about every night these days.
Never mind the fact that, as of the time I’m writing this, Christmas is a full 7 weeks away.
We. Are. Ready.
Along with the Christmas movies, we’re very into the Christmas treats.
We tested out a new treat for the big holiday dinner though and I have to say…it’s fabulous!
This gingerbread cheesecake is simple to make, loaded with that gingerbread flavor that screams Christmas, and you don’t even have to turn the oven on to make it happen!
Plus, this is made with ingredients that most well stocked kitchens will already have on hand!
How to Make:
The Crust: Crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and brown sugar make a crunchy sweet crust for this holiday cheesecake. Combine these in a medium mixing bowl and press the mixture evenly into the bottom of a prepared spring-form pan.
Whipped Cream: In another mixing bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until it forms soft peaks.
Cream Cheese Mixture: This is a gingerbread cheesecake so you will need ginger, cinnamon, molasses, and nutmeg. Mix together the powdered sugar and cream cheese and stir in the spices.
Combine, Refrigerate, and Serve: Once the cream cheese mixture and whipped cream are ready, stir together to combine and spoon the filling onto the prepared graham cracker crust. And because this is an easy no bake cheesecake recipe all you need to do is refrigerate it for 5 hours or until it is fully set.
- Don’t forget to smooth the top with an off-set spatula to evenly distribute the filling and for that perfect finished look.
- Top with crumbled Biscoff cookies before serving! If you have gingerbread cookies on hand, you could use those instead, but we don’t usually have those laying around.
- Instead of graham crackers for the crust, you could use crumbled Biscoff cookies, shortbread, or even vanilla wafers.
- Are you gluten free? You can also use gluten free graham crackers for the crust!
- Make sure that this dish is thoroughly chilled before cutting.
- If you do not have a springform pan, you can use a 9×9 dish with a tall edge, but you won’t end up with the pretty, polished look when cutting and serving.
More holiday favorites!
No Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake
For the crust:
- 1 3/4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
For the cheesecake:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar plus 3 tablespoons
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 Biscoff cookies (or gingerbread cookies) crumbled
For the crust:
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar. Add in melted butter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Press your graham cracker mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake:
- Add the heavy whipping cream and 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixture until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cup of powdered sugar and the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the molasses, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake mixture until everything is well mixed.
- Spoon cream cheese filling onto prepared graham cracker crust.
- Smooth the top of the cheesecake with an off-set spatula.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours or until fully set.
- Sprinkle with the crumbled cookies before serving.