This baked spaghetti recipe is going to quickly become a new family favorite. I don’t even make regular spaghetti anymore – we all love this comfort food version too much!
I’ve been holding out on you.
My family’s favorite recipe.
The one we eat over and over and over again.
The one that every single person in my family, even the girl who hates everything, will eat.
The one that is basically comfort on a plate.
This recipe, you guys. It’s a winner in my family and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a winner in your family, too.
Say hello to MILLION DOLLAR SPAGHETTI!
What is Million Dollar Spaghetti?
Million Dollar Spaghetti gets the name because, I assume, it tastes like a million bucks.
This baked spaghetti is absolutely loaded with creamy, cheesy goodness.
Try to just ignore the fact that you’re combining cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese with pasta or that you’re using cheddar in an Italian(ish) dish and JUST TRUST ME, OKAY?
This creamy baked spaghetti recipe is seriously a favorite of everyone I serve it to!
Move over, lasagna. We don’t need you. <— Yes. I just said that and I don’t regret it one bit.
(Unless we’re talking about my taco lasagna. I still need that guy.)
This recipe is pretty similar to Cheddar’s spasagna recipe, but it’s been so many years since I’ve had that, so I could be wrong!
Whatever you want to call this dish, I’m sure it’s going to be a new family favorite!
Million Dollar Spaghetti is all over the internet. A lot of the recipes similar to this include a whole stick of butter in the dish. I’m telling you, I love butter just as much (more?) than the next guy, but it makes literally no difference in flavor in this dish.
I’ve tried it. It’s not worth the extra calories. This baked spaghetti has plenty already. 😉
I have a stovetop version of this recipe, if you’re short on time! I usually still go for this baked spaghetti recipe, but the stovetop one is great in a pinch! Here’s the recipe for this cream cheese pasta sauce!
Out of all of the baked spaghetti recipes, I hope you try this one! I truly think you’ll love it!
The cottage cheese can be swapped for ricotta, but we think it’s perfect with the cottage cheese and I encourage you to at least try it!
Mozzarella can be used in place of the cheddar if you just really can’t bring yourself to put cheddar on a spaghetti dish.
The sour cream can be swapped for Greek yogurt to lighten it up a bit, but don’t leave out the cream cheese…it makes this dish so creamy!
Baked Spaghetti is definitely a favorite in our house!
We have a tendency to eat this a little too often considering that we’d all like our pants to still fit. That’s why I created a low carb version!
It’s not quite as decadent, but it’s so good and perfectly satisfying. You’ll love my cream cheese zoodles!
Even my kids eat zucchini noodles when they’re covered in this sauce!
Try my spaghetti squash casserole like this too!
I hope you give this one a try and your family enjoys it as much as mine does.
I’m not sure how anyone could dislike all this creamy cheesy goodness, to be honest! 😉
Creamy Baked Spaghetti
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti for 1 minute less than the package directions state. Drain the water from the pasta.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown the beef, crumbling it as it cooks. Drain the fat and add the marinara sauce to the meat. Simmer over low heat until the spaghetti is ready.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, and garlic until smooth, creamy, and well combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place half of the cooked spaghetti in the bottom of the baking dish. Dollop half of the cream cheese mixture over the spaghetti and spread as evenly as possible. Spread with half of the meat mixture. Repeat the layers once and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Tips & Notes:
MORE OF OUR FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPES? YOU GOT IT.
Double Double Animal Style Burgers – skip the take out.
Amish Egg Noodles – the easiest side dish!
Chicken Parmesan Meatball Casserole – we love casseroles!
Nutella Brownies – eat dessert first!