Cilantro lime rice is a total staple at my house. I love to serve it alongside tacos or inside of burritos.
I mentioned last week that I have a bit of a thing for Mexican food. I wasn’t lying. I love it. I love cooking it and I love eating it and I love thinking about it.
I also love going to Chipotle, but the closest one to me is a good 45 minutes away. I don’t cry about it too much though. I just recreate my favorite dishes from there at home. Take, for example, this cilantro lime rice. It’s a Chipotle favorite of mine.
Or how about Qdoba?? Have you been to Qdoba? Their rice is good too.
Anyway, this rice is perfect served as a side with tacos, but it’s really good served inside the taco. Or inside the burrito. Or in a burrito bowl. Or on chocolate cake. Wait. What?
Just making sure you were paying attention.
Anyway, if you’re looking for a side dish for Mexican food, I think you’ll enjoy this lime cilantro rice. It’s super easy to prepare and it’s always a hit!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 cup extra long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or more, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pour the rice, water, and 1 tbsp of the olive oil into a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling over medium heat until the water just skims the top of the rice.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and continue cooking for 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off after 15 minutes and keep covered for 5 more minutes.
- Remove lid and transfer the rice to a large bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, the juice of the lime, and the finely chopped cilantro to the rice.
- Mix well and salt to taste.