This Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake has a tunnel of creamy peanut butter hiding inside our moist chocolate cake. It all gets topped off with a sweet peanut butter glaze and a rich dark chocolate glaze!
You might have noticed that I have a bit of a thing for that chocolate peanut butter combination.
I mean, I grew up eating Reese’s every chance I could get and then I started baking my own chocolate peanut butter treats, like these chocolate peanut butter no bake cookies, our famous peanut butter lasagna, and these chocolate peanut butter cookies.
We took it a step further today with this chocolate peanut butter bundt cake!
The chocolate cake is rich and moist, but the real star of the show is the creamy peanut butter filling hiding inside the cake!
Of course, the double glaze doesn’t hurt either – we topped this cake with both a chocolate AND peanut butter glaze.
Cake Batter – You’re going to need all the usual cake ingredients like sugar, eggs, flour, butter, milk, baking soda and baking powder. You’ll also mix in some cocoa powder for the chocolate flavor and sour cream to help keep the cake nice and moist.
Peanut Butter Filling – This Bundt cake is loaded with a rich, creamy peanut butter filling that you’ll make from a simple mix of cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and flour!
Peanut Butter Glaze – In addition to the peanut butter filling you’ll also pour on a sweet peanut butter glaze made with milk and powdered sugar.
Chocolate Glaze – And because two glazes are better than one, you’ll also prepare a chocolate glaze with some heavy cream and dark chocolate chips! See the FAQs below for some suggestions on other glaze flavors.
What We Love About This Recipe!
The glossy glaze just begs you to take a bite, but the real star of the show is hidden inside! The creamy peanut butter filling gets everyone excited and people just rave about this rich, moist cake!
How to Make Bundt Cake:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Mix: To begin you’ll start preparing the chocolate cake batter! Cream together the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl and then add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk until combined.
Now add in the milk and the sour cream and mix again until it is all fully combined. The sour cream won’t make this chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake taste sour, but it will help keep the cake moist!
Combine: Once you’ve finished mixing together all the wet ingredients you can start adding in the remaining dry ingredients. Flour, cocoa powder, etc. Whisk all those in until they are fully incorporated into the chocolate cake batter.
Filling: You can set the chocolate cake batter aside for now while you prepare the filling. Start by adding the peanut butter and cream cheese to a mixing bowl and whip together. A hand mixer works well here!
To finish off the filling add in the flour and sugar and continue mixing until the creamy peanut butter filling is no longer crumbly.
Prepare: Once you are ready with the chocolate cake batter and peanut butter filling you can start preparing the Bundt cake. Pour half of the batter into a prepared Bundt pan and then top that off with all of the peanut butter filling.
Spread the filling out evenly over layer of cake batter and then create another layer of batter over the top of the filling with the remaining half of the chocolate cake batter.
My Favorite Bundt Pan!
A quality bundt pan is essential! This one is non-stick, budget friendly, and gets used often in my home.
Bake: It’ll take about 45 minutes for this chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake to finish baking. Once it has finished, let it cool for 10 minutes. You can move on to preparing the two glazes while it cools. Almost done!
Glaze: In a bowl, microwave the peanut butter and milk for 45 seconds before removing and stirring in the powdered sugar until it forms a smooth peanut butter glaze. In a separate bowl microwave the dark chocolate chips and heavy cream for 45 seconds and whisk until smooth.
Finally, you can remove the chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake from the pan and start pouring on the glazes! Serve immediately or let the glazes set and serve later.
You can pour the glaze on however you like! You could alternate them in patterns or just pour one on and then pour the other over the top. It really doesn’t matter how you glaze the cake as long as you like it!
This chocolate peanut butter Bundt cake will last for about 5 days in a sealed container either on the counter or in the fridge. You can also freeze this cake for about 2 to 3 months.
It’s very important to properly prepare your pan before adding the batter. Butter and flour your pan, making sure to hit every nook and cranny of your pan. You also need to let the baked cake cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing it. Then just place a wire rack over the Bundt pan and flip over. If the cake doesn’t come out by gravity just knock gently on the pan and it should come loose.
If you are looking to experiment with different glaze flavors, caramel is a must try for this Bundt cake. Caramel pairs perfectly with both peanut butter and chocolate. A simple vanilla glaze made with powdered sugar and milk would also be delicious.
MORE CHOCOLATE & PEANUT BUTTER RECIPES!
We just can’t get enough of chocolate and peanut butter treats! In fact, there is an entire category devoted entirely to them that you can check out. And here are some favorites:
- Peanut Butter Blondies
- Air Fried Reese’s
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate Frosting
- Keto Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bundt Cake
For the cake:
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter partially melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour
- 1/3 cup natural cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
For the peanut butter filling:
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
For the peanut butter glaze:
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
For the chocolate glaze:
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
To make the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and liberally butter and flour a 12 cup bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the sugar and patially melted butter until no clumps of sugar or butter remain. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until just combined.
- Add the milk and sour cream and mix again until the sour cream is fully incorporated into the mixture.
- Add in all of the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder) and slowly mix until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated into the batter.
To make the filling:
- Set the chocolate cake mix aside while you prepare the peanut butter filling. In a medium sized bowl, use a hand mixer to whip the cream cheese and peanut butter together.
- Add the sugar and flour and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add half of the chocolate cake batter to the bundt pan and then spread the peanut butter filling evenly over the batter. Pour the rest of the cake batter on top of the peanut butter filling and smooth flat.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until the top springs back when gently pressed and a tester comes out mostly clean of chocolate crumbs. Once done baking, allow the cake to cool for 15 minutes in the pan before removing to a cake plate. Let cool on the cake plate for 1 hour.
To make the peanut butter glaze:
- In a small bowl, microwave the peanut butter and milk for 45 seconds and then stir the ingredients, adding in the powdered sugar. Continue stirring this mixture until it is smooth.
To make the chocolate glaze:
- In another bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and heavy cream together for 45 seconds. Whisk the ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle both glazes evenly over the cake and let set for 15 minutes to firm up before slicing and serving.
Leave a Review