It wouldn’t be a proper Chocolate Peanut Butter Week without a breakfast recipe, am I right?
Of course I am.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Luckily, peanut butter is full of protein! And chocolate has antioxidants (I think). And there is milk in this recipe, so you’re getting some dairy. And flour for your grains!
Totally reasonable and healthy breakfast right here, folks.
Eat ’em up!
Baked Chocolate Cake Donuts with Peanut Butter Glaze
For the donuts:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or regular milk with a teaspoon of white vinegar added
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons butter melted
For the glaze:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk or cream
To make the donuts:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk, egg, vanilla, and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until fully incorporated.
- Fill the donut pan and bake for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
To make the glaze:
- In a small sauce pan, heat the butter and peanut butter until melted over low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the powdered sugar and milk.
- Dunk the donuts in the glaze when cool enough to handle.