This chocolate dump cake gets all crazy delicious with a sprinkling of chopped peanut butter cups over the top! Best part: Only 4 ingredients!
Lately, I’ve been on a bit of a cookie kick. We’ve been making my perfect chocolate chip cookies pretty much nonstop over here. It’s starting to become a problem for a couple of reasons.
Number 1: I’m gaining weight. For serious. Can’t stop, won’t stop with the cookie consumption.
Number 2: I have no desire to bake any other type of dessert, ever. I want cookies and nothing but cookies. Gimme all the cookies.
So, as a human being, number 1 sucks a lot. As a food blogger who has to come up with new baking recipes to keep y’all happy, number 2 sucks a lot.
I think I need to go on strike against the cookies.
Anyway, the other day I compromised with myself. I made cookies AND a new dessert for you guys. Seems reasonable, right?
I took a super simple dump cake recipe and spiced it up with a hefty sprinkling of peanut butter cups. Remember this chocolate dump cake? Same idea, new topping.
This is a really dense, fudgy cake. There is no frosting, which I generally do NOT like in a cake, but it works in this one. Promise. If you’re looking for an even fudgier dessert, give my homemade brownies a try. They’re to die for.
Give this recipe a try and let me know what you think!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add cake mix, pudding mix, and milk to a medium bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Spread into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top with the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the edges are pulling away from the pan and a tester comes out mostly clean.