These BANANA OATMEAL COOKIES are loaded with ripe bananas, oats, and chocolate chips for a soft cookie that tastes like my favorite banana bread!
I’m going to get real honest with you here for a second…
I don’t like bananas.
That’s right – bananas on their own are gross, bananas in baked goods are amazing. ?
I think you’ll love these banana cookies – they’re soft, full of oats for a little texture, loaded with sweet banana flavor, and studded with melty chocolate chips. It’s hard to go wrong with these!
No joke, these banana cookies are basically banana bread in cookie form and you are going to love it!
How to make banana cookies:
To start, you’ll want to grab some ripe bananas. The more dark spots, the sweeter and softer your bananas will be – they’re perfect for baking when they’re too mushy for eating. 😉
Mash the bananas with a fork. It’ll look a bit like baby food.
Set the bananas aside and then whip up your cookie dough.
This is a standard dough – butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla all beat together until creamy. Mixed with flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Once your dough has come together, it’s time to add in those mashed ‘nanas and some chocolate chips.
This dough is absolute perfection. No need to chill before baking either!
These banana oatmeal cookies bake up in about 12 minutes at 375 degrees.
Special Tools Needed for This Banana Cookie Recipe:
The below links are affiliate links.
Hand Mixer: When making cookies, you’ll need a mixer of some sort. This KitchenAid is budget friendly, has lasted me FOR.EV.ER. and it comes in a variety of fun colors.
Stand Mixer: If you bake a lot of cookies, I recommend investing in a stand mixer. It’s so easy to toss ingredients in and it’s a real work horse. I use mine daily and it’s shown no signs of slowing down. Again – loads of pretty colors to choose from.
Cookie Scoop: I use my cookie scoops alllll the time, for cookies, meatballs, fruit, small scoops of ice cream, biscuits and more. They come in so handy and ensure even sizes for even baking.
More banana recipes:
Homemade Dog Treats: Made with peanut butter and banana!
Banana Bread Muffins: My kids love these muffins!
Classic Banana Bread: Absolutely perfect!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment or spray with nonstick spray.
- In the bowl of your mixer cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar and beat until just combined.
- Mix in the mashed bananas and chocolate chips until well incorporated.
- Use a large cookie scoop to drop scoops of cookie dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until the edges are browned and cookies are set.
- Cool on a wire rack.