BLT Pasta Salad
This BLT Pasta Salad is such a fun twist on a classic recipe. It’s bursting with tomatoes, green onions, and plenty of crisp back.
I’m sorry, okay? I just can’t help myself. I like bacon. It’s who I am. It’s what I do. It’s an integral part of me and I won’t deny it.
The first time I tried this BLT macaroni salad, I really didn’t have high hopes. Macaroni salad should have mayonnaise, eggs, and green olives and that’s about it! That’s the way my mama made it and my mama couldn’t be wrong. Who decided it was okay to add bacon? And tomatoes! In a macaroni salad? Who the heck authorized that?
I am happy to report that bacon and tomatoes in a macaroni salad is actually completely legal and very yummy. (Also, my mama was right too. Her macaroni salad is amazing, but totally different from this one. Give them both a try!)
This would be a perfect side dish for just about any kind of grilled meat. Macaroni salad just screams summer.
I hate to admit that any time I make this for my little family, I end up eating the leftovers for breakfast every day until it’s finally gone. I mean, it has BACON. It’s kinda breakfast food, right?
Quit judging me.
Oh, and if anyone asks what the “L” stands for in the “BLT” portion of this dish, just stick your tongue out at them and then eat their share. That’ll teach ’em.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1lb. macaroni
- 8 slices bacon
- 2 medium-large tomatoes
- 2-3 bunches of green onions, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add macaroni. Cook until al dente, about 8 minutes. Drain and pour into large mixing bowl.
- Fry 8 slices of bacon and, when cool enough to handle, crumble into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Chop tomatoes and green onions, add to small mixing bowl. Mix in mayonnaise and vinegar. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni and stir together well. Chill for 2 hours.
- Stir in the bacon just before serving. Top with extra green onions, as desired.
Affiliate Links: This blog contains affiliate links.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 428kcal Calories from fat 247|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
(These images were updated April 2017 – original image below!)