These strawberry oatmeal bars are made with a crumbly streusel like mix of oats, flour, and sugar with a sweet layer of strawberry jam! Simple and sweet, these make the perfect treat!
Everyone loves a sweet treat now and then and I think we can all agree tha you just can’t go wrong with a sweet streusel topping! I don’t know about you, but I’m know for picking little bits of streusel off whatever the dessert may be every time I walk by. 😉
These Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are doubly delicious because the crust and the streusel topping are actually the same thing – the crust is just firmly pressed together and the topping is loosely sprinkled on. This means things are extra easy and extra streusel-y!
You can fill these Strawberry Oatmeal Bars with your favorite store bought jelly or you can try your hand at this strawberry freezer jam! Either way, things are going to be delicious!
Crust & Topping – You’ll need oats, flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, butter, and vanilla.
Strawberry Jam – Store bought or homemade will work well. Feel free to experiment with different flavors of jam too!
Vanilla Glaze Ingredients:
Milk – You could use heavy cream for a richer glaze.
Vanilla Extract – We prefer the classic taste of vanilla, but almond would be nice too.
Powdered Sugar – Did you know you can make your own powdered sugar b blending granulated sugar in a high powered blender until it’s powdery? Pretty cool!
What We Love About This Recipe!
When you’re looking for simple dessert ideas using ingredients you probably already have at home, these strawberry oatmeal bars are a good choice. Oats, flour, sugar, and jam… all things you probably have on hand!
How to Make Strawberry Oatmeal Bars:
Mix: Stir together the dry ingredients and then mix in the melted butter and vanilla until it forms a crumbly mixture.
Divide: Set aside 1 and 1/2 cups of the mixture to use as the topping. Press the rest of the oat mixture into a 9×13 pan to from the crust.
Spread: Spoon and spread the jam over the oatmeal mixture. Be gentle or you’ll disturb the crust.
Top: Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture over the top of the strawberry jam.
Bake: Pop these in a hot oven for 30 minutes. The top should be nice and golden.
Glaze: Once the bars have cooled you can prepare the simple glaze by mixing together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla and drizzling it right over the top.
- Using the parchment paper will make removing the bars from the dish for slicing and glazing a lot simpler! You can just lift it right out of the dish.
- If you don’t want to wait for these strawberry oatmeal bars to finish cooling on a wire rack before adding the glaze, you can place them uncovered in the refrigerator to speed things up.
You can keep any leftover bars stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
To freeze these strawberry oatmeal bars, cool completely and then wrap the container well with a double layer of foil. Thaw on the counter overnight before serving.
MORE BAR DESSERT RECIPES!
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Perfect Homemade Brownies
- Cherry Pie Bars
- Blueberry Pie Bars
Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
For the bars:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry jam
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine the melted butter and vanilla, and mix into the flour sugar mixture until the consistency is crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the oat mixture and set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Gently spread the jam over the crust, being careful not to break the crust as you spread.
- Sprinkle the reserved oat mixture over the top of the jam.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let bars cool completely before preparing the glaze.
- To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over the bars.
Leave a Review