Our Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes are coated in a simple garlic butter sauce and roasted until tender! This 30 minute dinner is simple, family-friendly, and perfect for a busy night.
Nothing beats roasted chicken and potatoes for dinner, but weeknights are busy and we don’t often have the time for an elaborate meal with loads of prep work and a sink full of dishes to be dealt with.
Enter this Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes recipe! Simple comfort food that has all the flavors of a roasted chicken dinner, but it’s all made on one sheet pan with minimal prep and clean up – and it bakes in just 30 minutes!
We love our air fryer whole chicken recipe – perfectly roasted chicken in the air fryer in just 1 hour – but this recipe is even quicker and it adds potatoes to the mix. Hard to go wrong with that!
Plus, the simple garlic butter that we use to season the chicken and potatoes is hard to resist and a universal favorite.
👩🍳 Ingredient Notes:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chicken Breast – You’ll need four boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. You could also use boneless chicken thighs though the cook time may vary a little depending on how large they are.
Potatoes – I’m using baby yellow potatoes. You’re welcome to use a different variety like red skinned, or even mix them up! You’ll slice them into quarters so they’ll cook through a little easier. No need to peel them.
Garlic Butter – You’ll melt some butter and mix it with minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt, and pepper. A perfect combo for roasting chicken and potatoes together.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- We love how easy sheet pan recipes are! Just add the chicken and potatoes and drizzle on the sauce and it’s ready to go.
- The garlic butter sauce with seasoning is perfect for roasting the chicken and potatoes and it tastes pretty amazing!
- Clean up is minimal – just the bowl you melted the butter in and the sheet pan!
I love using this meat thermometer for making sure the meat is fully cooked! Easy for beginners & absolutely worth the low cost.
🐔 How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes:
Arrange: Place the chicken breasts down the center of the pan and then arrange the quartered potatoes around the chicken.
Seasoning: Now you can start adding all of the seasoning ingredients along with the melted butter and minced garlic to a small bowl. Whisk that together until combined and then drizzle it over the chicken and potatoes.
Bake: When you’ve added the garlic butter seasoning you can place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring the potatoes halfway through cooking.
Use a meat thermometer (linked above!) to make sure the chicken has reached a safe internal temp of 165 degrees. Serve the sheet pan chicken and potatoes immediately.
You can keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat in the oven or microwave when ready to serve.
We use small yellow potatoes in this recipe which have a very thin skin, so we do not peel them. If you’re using a different variety of potatoes or just don’t like the skin, you’re welcome to peel them before chopping the potatoes.
More Chicken Recipes!
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Noodle Casserole
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Sheet Pan Chicken & Potatoes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 5-6 ounces each
- 1 ½ pounds baby yellow potatoes
- ½ cup butter melted
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spritz a rimmed half sheet pan with non-stick spray.
- Arrange the chicken in the center of the pan in a single layer.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and arrange around the chicken.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the chicken and potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, stirring the potatoes gently halfway through cooking, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.