These White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies are perfectly soft and chewy with a minty crunch from the crushed candy cane! Easy to make, festive, and fun!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and that means we’re baking up allllll the fun Christmas cookies, like these white chocolate peppermint cookies!
These cookies are soft and chewy, loaded with candy cane bits, and perfect for your holiday baking!
That light peppermint flavor paired with the chewy cookie is just hard to resist!
We love adding these to cookie trays when sharing with friends and family. Pro Tip – store any peppermint flavored goodies in their own bag or container so they don’t turn all the other goodies peppermint too!
🍪 Ingredient Notes:
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate and member of other qualifying programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Butter & Sugar – Pretty standard cookie dough ingredients here. You’ll want to start with softened butter – make sure that when you press a finger into the butter it leaves an indentation. Perfectly soft butter!
Dry Ingredients – You’ll also need four, baking powder, and salt.
Peppermint Extract – We’re amping up the peppermint by adding in peppermint extract. You can use less if you just want a subtle flavor.
Crushed Candy Canes – You will roll the peppermint cookie dough in finely crushed candy canes (or peppermint candies) before baking! Buy whole candy canes and crush them yourself or take the easy route and buy crushed candy canes!
White Chocolate Chips – Peppermint and white chocolate flavors go together perfectly! You’ll add half a cup of these to the cookies.
What We Love About This Recipe:
- The white chocolate and peppermint is a perfect combination for these Christmas cookies!
- We love to enjoy these cookies with a cup of hot chocolate!
- These cookies are soft and chewy with little crunchy bits of candy cane. Love that mix of texture!
❄ How to Make Peppermint Cookies:
Cream Together: To begin preparing the dough cream the butter and sugars together in a mixing bowl, then stir in an egg and the peppermint extract!
Dry Ingredients: Next add the flour, baking powder, and salt and then stir until it is all well combined. Stir in those white chocolate chips. A
It’s so easy to whip up dessert with this cute hand mixer. It doesn’t take up much space and is a must for any kitchen!
Peppermint Candy: Crush the peppermint candy into fine pieces. Roll each cookie dough ball into the peppermint candy.
Finely Crush the Candy!
To prevent any melted candy cane mess be sure to crush the candy canes into tiny, almost powder-like pieces. Any larger pieces, if used, should be placed at the very top of the cookie to make sure it doesn’t touch the cookie sheet while baking.
Bake: Place the candy cane coated balls of dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Let the white chocolate peppermint cookies cool on a wire rack before serving with a cup of hot chocolate!
If you enjoyed these peppermint cookies then I think you’ll love chocolate peppermint cream pies too!
📷 Picture Perfect Cookies:
For flat cookies, as shown in these photos, you can use a spoon to slightly flatten the dough before baking or about 5 minute into baking. Otherwise, you’ll have puffy cookies.
For perfectly round cookies, as in the photos, take a large rimmed round glass, cover a hot cookie with it and gently make circles with it, rounding out any uneven edges. Do this when the cookies are still hot from the oven or it won’t work.
Sprinkle the tops of the cookies with larger chunks of peppermint candy before baking. It makes the cookies so pretty!
Use a medium cookie scoop for evenly sized cookies every time!
We use cookie scoops for everything from baking cookies to scooping meatballs to easily filling muffin tins.
You can keep them in airtight container at room temperature for a few days or up to a week in the fridge! Be sure to store these cookies alone or the peppermint flavor will transfer to any other cookies you might have in the same cookie jar.
These cookies have not been tested with gluten-free flour. To make vegan, simply use plant-based butter, be sure your sugar is vegan, and use vegan white chocolate chips (the allergen friendly ones are usually vegan).
Yep! It’ll probably take 5-7 crushed candies depending on size, or however many is necessary to coat the balls of cookie dough.
MORE CHRISTMAS DESSERT RECIPES!
- Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
- Christmas Chex Mix
- Air Fryer Christmas Tree Cookies
- Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Christmas Crunch Bars
- Cornflake Wreaths
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 candy canes crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then stir in the peppermint extract until well combined. Beat in the egg.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt and mix to form a dough. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
- Crush the candy canes into fine pieces.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to portion out balls of dough. Roll the dough into a smooth ball in your hands and then roll the balls of dough in the crushed candy canes.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet. Add any larger pieces of crushed candy cane to the top of the dough, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges. Do not overbake.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire rack.