Who is ready for a new easy Christmas cookie bar recipe? I know I am – it’s officially Christmas season! Let’s get baking! These peanut butter oatmeal bars are loaded with Oreo cookies and peanut butter m&m candies!
I can not handle another minute without a tray full of Christmas cookies in my life.
I mean, honestly. How do we go all year without having copious amounts of baked goods in front of us at all times?
Is life even worth living January through October? I think not.
Except for the Reese’s eggs and pumpkins. I guess I’ll keep April and October. 😉
Anyway, I’m hitting the Christmas goodies hard this year.
And I’m trashing them up as much as possible, because look. Plain old sugar cookies are fine, but sometimes? Trashed up cookies are better.
These guys are full of peanut butter m&m candies and Oreo cookies.
Plus peanut butter and oats, because YUM.
Aren’t these so fun and festive? Don’t you just want a whole pan full in front of you right now?
I took my favorite monster cookies and turned them into a bar. I love this cookie base because it’s infinitely soft and chewy. It’s my favorite cookie base in all of the land and it gets made more often than I’ll admit.
We eat the heck out of some monster cookies in this house and now we get to make them Christmas-y! Yay!
Promise me you’ll make these cookie bars! Your Christmas won’t be complete without them.
More Christmas goodies to try:
Buckeye Fudge: Layers of chocolate and peanut butter!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies: Add some red and green m&m’s!
White Chocolate Fudge: Topped off with pretzels!
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies: All dressed up for the holidays!
Peanut Butter Oreo Christmas Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup peanut butter m&m candies
- 1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to the creamed mixture and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the m&m candies and cookies.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
More holiday favorites: